Confirmed with Link: CBJ acquire Saad/Broadhurst/Paliotta from CHI for Anisimov/Dano/Morin/Tropp/2016 4th

Boxertim

Mar 21, 2014
winnipeg
I actually thought you guys were doing much better than you actually are....I'm sure you guys keep that pick.

I wonder if they Jets brass would accept a higher first for him or if they would rather keep him.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I actually thought you guys were doing much better than you actually are....I'm sure you guys keep that pick.

I wonder if they Jets brass would accept a higher first for him or if they would rather keep him.

We are the proverbial "better than the record indicates".

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Looking back on this trade is say worked well for both teams.

However Paliotta is worthless but what about Alex Broadhurst? He's the same age as Lukas Sedlak and has outscorred him at every level. Is it that he is not made for a bottom 6 role? Same with Zarr, I still am unsure of why we would not call him up, especially for example when Foligno went down, why not let him try to play with a fellow countryman and see if there is chemistry? He has earned it or at least it seems with his play in the A.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Same with Zarr, I still am unsure of why we would not call him up, especially for example when Foligno went down, why not let him try to play with a fellow countryman and see if there is chemistry?

Wennberg is the antidote to prototype current day Swedish player.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
How cliché

Swedish empire was created in the 17th century by king Gustav Adolphus Magnus and chancellor Axel Oxenstierna. Remnant elements of the empire are in this current day integrated into Swedish playbook. Hakkaa päälle, hack on, was the shout of Finnish troops of the empire known for their fierceness in straightforward attack.

The Leading One had some words for you Austrians.

"If it suits with the reader lets for a while step among Swedish ice hockey. The international success of Swedish ice hockey has been basicly destroyed by school boy pressing. Not that Swedes would have been put under trouble by the school boy forecheck but our western neighbour has been fielding school boy pressing by themselves! O tempora, o mores, Swedes!

The last notable success Swedes had when Sedin brothers refused in the World Championship tournament to play head coach Pär Mårts' mindless school boy pressure.

In Finnish Ice Hockey Federation there is a powerful school which tends whenever look into Northern American direction, whenever into Swedish direction. To them I give this hard lesson in relation with Sweden: the Swedish quality player output refreshed and took mighty form before - I underline: before! - head coach Pär Mårts lined school boy pressing into Three Chrown's way of play. In Swedish ice hockey, in international and club teams nowadays forecheck takes place willy-nilly. My accurate nose has therefore sniffed that Swedish ice hockey does not anymore produce quality players as it did in the first decade of the third century [AD]."

https://blog.paf.com/petterisihvonen/2016/12/08/koulupoikaprassi-koettelee-vaan-ei-hylkaa-meidan-pelia/

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Swedish empire was created in the 17th century by king Gustav Adolphus Magnus and chancellor Axel Oxenstierna. Remnant elements of the empire are in this current day integrated into Swedish playbook. Hakkaa päälle, hack on, was the shout of Finnish troops of the empire known for their fierceness in straightforward attack.

The Leading One had some words for you Austrians.

"If it suits with the reader lets for a while step among Swedish ice hockey. The international success of Swedish ice hockey has been basicly destroyed by school boy pressing. Not that Swedes would have been put under trouble by the school boy forecheck but our western neighbour has been fielding school boy pressing by themselves! O tempora, o mores, Swedes!

The last notable success Swedes had when Sedin brothers refused in the World Championship tournament to play head coach Pär Mårts' mindless school boy pressure.

In Finnish Ice Hockey Federation there is a powerful school which tends whenever look into Northern American direction, whenever into Swedish direction. To them I give this hard lesson in relation with Sweden: the Swedish quality player output refreshed and took mighty form before - I underline: before! - head coach Pär Mårts lined school boy pressing into Three Chrown's way of play. In Swedish ice hockey, in international and club teams nowadays forecheck takes place willy-nilly. My accurate nose has therefore sniffed that Swedish ice hockey does not anymore produce quality players as it did in the first decade of the third century [AD]."

https://blog.paf.com/petterisihvonen/2016/12/08/koulupoikaprassi-koettelee-vaan-ei-hylkaa-meidan-pelia/
So, basically, "blah blah blah, they've gone soft since 2010", and Wennberg is supposed to be an exception rather than evidence against such an assertion. Okay then. We'll just pay no attention whatsoever to William Nylander's remarkable rookie season, or Filip Forsberg and Victor Arvidsson kicking ass and taking names in Nashville, or Hampus Lindholm leading Anaheim's blueline, or the entire 2011 first round. They're just outliers against the almighty nasal capabilities of the Losing One, right? :rolleyes:

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Looking back on this trade is say worked well for both teams.

However Paliotta is worthless but what about Alex Broadhurst? He's the same age as Lukas Sedlak and has outscorred him at every level. Is it that he is not made for a bottom 6 role? Same with Zarr, I still am unsure of why we would not call him up, especially for example when Foligno went down, why not let him try to play with a fellow countryman and see if there is chemistry? He has earned it or at least it seems with his play in the A.

I don't know too terribly much about Broadhurst's game, but Sedlak REALLY turned his game on to end last season/playoffs/ and carried the momentum through camp. Sedlak had 16 points in 17 games and was a +16 in the playoffs, scoring 9 goals. That's playing on fire. He got his contract extension due to his play to end last season. He beat out Campbell for the #4 C spot.

This team is 18-5-4. I don't see the point in calling up Zaar to play on the 1st line with Wennberg and demoting Saad, Foligno down a line to see if there is "chemistry" because they are from the same country. This team has chemistry already. The lines have been constant for a while now. I don't really know of a player that I think deserves to be a healthy scratch so Zaar can play on a top line with Wennberg.

Let Zaar and Broadhurst play in the AHL. Worry about calling up Zaar if he forces his way into the NHL or if there are injuries.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I don't know too terribly much about Broadhurst's game, but Sedlak REALLY turned his game on to end last season/playoffs/ and carried the momentum through camp. Sedlak had 16 points in 17 games and was a +16 in the playoffs, scoring 9 goals. That's playing on fire. He got his contract extension due to his play to end last season. He beat out Campbell for the #4 C spot.

This team is 18-5-4. I don't see the point in calling up Zaar to play on the 1st line with Wennberg and demoting Saad, Foligno down a line to see if there is "chemistry" because they are from the same country. This team has chemistry already. The lines have been constant for a while now. I don't really know of a player that I think deserves to be a healthy scratch so Zaar can play on a top line with Wennberg.

Let Zaar and Broadhurst play in the AHL. Worry about calling up Zaar if he forces his way into the NHL or if there are injuries.

I was saying rather than have Bjorsktrand be the first call up we have Zarr instead.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Because Torts actually thought to start the year bjorkstrand was going to make it and was suprised he didn't but believes it was a mixture of long season and went to play alot of international games and didn't spend the summer here like the rest to be ready and I'm shape. Torts said he fully expects that to change next summer and remember the name because he's going to be a big part of things to come. That's paraphrasing a press conference. Zaar has had chances in camps to prove he's ready bur management just sees other guys as better fits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad