CBJ (2018/19) but this year.

Could the 2018/19 Jackets be playing for the CUP this year?

• Yes

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • If yes, Would need Panarin & Duchene but not Bob.

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • If yes, Would only need Panarin.

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • If yes, Would only need Duchene.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If yes, Would only need Bob.

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Simple poll that I'm going to complicate the hell out of...you've been warned.

So, the reasoning is simple; could the Jackets of last year (add Pan,Duch&Bob to the roster) be in the cup finals this year? Oh it gets better; if so, what players would have to be added to this years Jacket team (which did add Nyquist but lets disregard that) and which of the big three could be left off.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
With Panarin and Duchene I lean yes, but by that I mean they'd have perhaps the best odds of making it to the finals out of the East. It would still take a lot of luck.

By the way, your title asks "could" but your statement asks "would". I think they definitely "could" be in the finals, but no team guarantees a single series win just from the strength of the roster.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Good catch, my grammar and spelling, much like my polls are rarely perfect.

Could, everyone.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Good catch, my grammar and spelling, much like my polls are rarely perfect.

Could, everyone.

No worries.

I wonder how much Josh Anderson plays into this?

He was just days away from being cleared when the Jackets exited the playoffs.

Panarin+Duchene+Anderson I think puts them over Tampa. Every game was super close between them.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
and no boston this year, but Trotz and the Isle...

Still cant help but think if Panarin's contract was just 1 year longer...

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
and no boston this year, but Trotz and the Isle...

Still cant help but think if Panarin's contract was just 1 year longer...

No Boston....cause Tampa took them out. You'd still have to go through them if they hypothetically beat TB.

Reactions: VoluntaryDom

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Either way, it's looking like cbj are more than a 2c and elite winger away from making the cup...judging by the polling on hf so far.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Columbus would win the Stanley cup if we had Duchene and Panarin this year, Bob not necessarily.

Yes, Stanley Cup.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
I think they would. Panarin and Duchene would basically form another scoring line and instantly fix that atrocious PP. I think the Tampa series would’ve been different had they won the 5OT game regardless.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I do think this would be a top tier cup contender right here:

Texier - Dubois - Bjorkstrand
Panarin - Duchene - Atkinson
Foligno - Jenner - Anderson
Foudy - Nash - Robinson

Werenski - Jones
Gavrikov - Savard
Murray - Kukan

Korpi / Elvis

This is what the roster might have looked like if Panarin and Duchene stayed and Anderson didn't get hurt. So it's a little bit unrealistic I'll admit it.

Reactions: Dumais

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I do think this would be a top tier cup contender right here:

Texier - Dubois - Bjorkstrand
Panarin - Duchene - Atkinson
Foligno - Jenner - Anderson
Foudy - Nash - Robinson

Werenski - Jones
Gavrikov - Savard
Murray - Kukan

Korpi / Elvis

This is what the roster might have looked like if Panarin and Duchene stayed and Anderson didn't get hurt. So it's a little bit unrealistic I'll admit it.

Do CBJ have the capspace to add Duchene and Panarin at their current caphits though?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Do CBJ have the capspace to add Duchene and Panarin at their current caphits though?

Without difficulty, yes.

Replace Nyquist with Panarin
Replace Wennberg with Duchene (trade or U26 buyout)
Put Dubinsky on LTIR.

That might be enough right there. If not, there's spare parts that aren't even in the starting lineup that make millions and aren't needed. Nuti, Shore, etc...

Reactions: Dumais

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
I'd vote yes and only need Duchene...but oh well.

Still think a young center w/topline potential or a veteran center (that can still put up 60-70pts) and we could compete for one.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We were giving them their toughest challenge without those two and offensive power was exactly what tipped the scale for Tampa

The problem with all of this is that people act like adding a few top caliber players is going to flip the scale. Tampa has close to 10 top caliber NHL’ers. No team can match them for talent, even if teams are adding 2-3 top caliber players to their roster.

I think Columbus would be better and potentially second best in the league with those players, but Tampa is well coached, they are grittier this year, and very deep. I think they are just too good for everyone this year.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
The problem with all of this is that people act like adding a few top caliber players is going to flip the scale. Tampa has close to 10 top caliber NHL’ers. No team can match them for talent, even if teams are adding 2-3 top caliber players to their roster.

I think Columbus would be better and potentially second best in the league with those players, but Tampa is well coached, they are grittier this year, and very deep. I think they are just too good for everyone this year.
We destroyed them 4-0 last year, we lost 1-4 this year but it was competitive in every single game, with Panarin and Duchene I have no doubt we would be able to beat Tampa again

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
We destroyed them 4-0 last year, we lost 1-4 this year but it was competitive in every single game, with Panarin and Duchene I have no doubt we would be able to beat Tampa again
brayden point personally would not have let that happen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad