News Article: CBC: Sabres sniper Matt Moulson faces interesting times

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
and if you sign Moulson to a 4 year 20 million dollar contract and he continues to produce you can always move him down the road for maybe even a bigger return and still have him ease players in during the rebuild. We absolutely need to insulate these young players with good pro's or we will have no success.

You insulate the young players with good players when you are through tanking. You either keep the young ones away or learn to stomach a little suffering and failure.

I don't think it's realistic to think Moulsons value will be any higher than it is right now.

Last edited:

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
We absolutely need to insulate these young players with good pro's or we will have no success.

Contextless and unsupported generalization props up a highly debatable opinion.

Go get your mentors for free one the UFA market. Get assets for your assets before they walk.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I would work something out around 3 years 16 million. If he accepts, wonderful, if he declines I see what the market brings him. If the market doesn't bring a first and a top prospect, I go back and go up to 18 million.
Or a hypothetical, you package him with Leino take a first and an expiring contract a team doesn't want. (I.e john Michael liles, not saying we trade with Toronto).

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
If we trade him, I'd want a 2015 1st from a bubble team +. Im on board to keep him though of he's willing to ride out this tire fire

punkr0x

Jul 2, 2009
I say trade him. I would imagine Moulson could get us a cheaper veteran plus a second rounder. Buffalo isn't going to be a playoff team for a while, maybe he's scoring 30 goals a year in 3 or 4 years but maybe he's scoring 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad