GDT: CBC ,NSCBN | mp8 | )3( notsoB @ )1( otnoroT - 5#emaG FQCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
All of the losses have been used up. Have to run the table now, one win at a time. Give all there is to give, and hope it's enough for the W (x3). GLG!

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Very low optimism coming from me, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Win this one and we're back in it.

Go Leafs go!
Yup...i thought maybe this morning i would feel different, nope. Not optimistic at all following last game....maybe that's a good thing.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Yup...i thought maybe this morning i would feel different, nope. Not optimistic at all following last game....maybe that's a good thing.

I am not optimistic because of the 2 games in Boston. Can this team come out focused and ready tonight? If they spot them 2 or 3 goals early again, it's all over but the crying.

Reactions: Liferleafer

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Love it, good anti jinx gdt.

Let’s f***ing go boys. This team isn’t done yet. Just win this one and come back to Toronto with the opportunity to make it a hell of a series.

I believe still!!

Go leafs go

Reactions: canadon

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I'd imagine that's what passengers said on the Titanic after they had already hit the iceberg and were taking on water and going down.

The time for the Leafs to recognize this same critical danger point was also prior to hitting their own iceberg now, avoiding going down 3-1 in the series.

Had they avoided the iceberg in game 4 and the series 2-2 we wouldn't be in any danger at all right now.

"It's do or die" doesn't have to be declared only after it all but over and hope lost. Leafs should have left it all on the ice in game #4.

The Titanic didn’t go down because of the iceberg though, not exactly, there was an event cascade, but the main reason was an unknown, an uncontrolled coal fire that had been blazing since before it even left Belfast. It had weakened the hull to the point that it gave with almost no resistance.

So Boston giving us a bump wouldn’t of done any damage if not for the massive problems already smoldering from within.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Sadly, I think this is done.
On the bright side, I'm already moving past it and looking glass half full that I no longer have to stress a couple nights a week. Looking forward to the draft and July 1 to see what moves they make as there's no way Shanny and co. sit on their laurels thinking this d core is good enough. I suspect a variety of moves so that's what I'm enjoying the thought of now.

Reactions: Liferleafer

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I'll be watching the game with a friend at the Jack Astor's by Union Station. Anyone else gonna be there?

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
On my way to Boston now. I think this series is done but if the Leafs have any shot, Andersen has to play out of his mind. Not having the last change is gonna really affect us, but hopefully Babcock can tweak some things. Interesting to see where we’ll slot Kadri, but any way we win this will have to involve Andersen being superhuman.

GLG!!

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
That's right. Let's beat those lousy Sniurb!
Just say no to Sniurb!!!!
Captain Kirk yelling Sniurb into space.
bXpMq.gif

Reactions: Trapper

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
On my way to Boston now. I think this series is done but if the Leafs have any shot, Andersen has to play out of his mind. Not having the last change is gonna really affect us, but hopefully Babcock can tweak some things. Interesting to see where we’ll slot Kadri, but any way we win this will have to involve Andersen being superhuman.

GLG!!

Babcock should just roll the lines and let them play...his stupid attempts at liune matching in the 1st 2 games is why they looked like Keystone cops out there. f*** the matchups and let them play.

Reactions: dsred

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
The Titanic didn’t go down because of the iceberg though, not exactly, there was an event cascade, but the main reason was an unknown, an uncontrolled coal fire that had been blazing since before it even left Belfast. It had weakened the hull to the point that it gave with almost no resistance.

So Boston giving us a bump wouldn’t of done any damage if not for the massive problems already smoldering from within.

Add to that a Captain that wouldn't adjust to conditions (Babcock) and a steering rudder not capable of handling the size of the craft (our defense) and a serious lack of safety boats for a last line of defense (our goaltending).....we are sinking.....

kule41

Mar 26, 2008
I'm hoping we win and show some resiliency.

But if we lose:

There isn't another bunch of people I'd rather cheer with! Y'all make this site amazing. We have a bright future ahead of us and I can't wait to cheering for the Leafs again next season!

and to the fans of other teams that are lurking, you guys aren't that bad either;)

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
I know I am not optimistic about our chances tonight, but this team should be ashamed of themselves if they can't force a game 6 when a team like Colorado just forced a game 6 against the President's trophy winners.
Hammond looked otherworldly last night. Like I said, if the Leafs are gonna win, Andersen has to play out of his mind.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Hoping we come out desperate. Going to need a 12 pack for this one.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Looks like Babcock is giving up the line matching,

Seems to have set up the lines to just let them run

Reactions: HamiltonNHL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad