CBA Signing pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Pick a date a time of day the CBA gets announced.

I say afternoon July 1st. Canada Anoouncement would make like Gary gives a **** about the game up north. Just before a weekend so there's some dealine pressure.

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
When it's done and not a second before :) . . . . . . picking a date from a hat . . . . . June 30.

If the season does not start on time, the league is dead. People will have discovered that hockey was indeed a habit and not a passion. It behooves both sides to get this deal signed, sealed, and delivered by the end of the month. This way news can discuss the new deal, flow right into the schedule, followed by draft information, and then free agent signings. If they play it right, there could be hockey news stories at least once or twice a week (if not everyday) right up to Opening Night (something the League needs to keep the sport in the public eye).

EDIT: Because sometimes Critter can't spell worth a darn.

Last edited:

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I say June 27th.

I think they were waiting for the NBA Finals to end. Game 7 is on Thursday. Friday will be a day to remember the NBA season. I don't think they would want to announce a new deal on a weekend... Therefore, Monday will be a time of change on the sporting map, and the NHL could be on the front pages again.

MojoJojo

Jan 31, 2003
Philadelphia
Visit site
I take July 6th 12:23 PM. 2 weeks since this was written.

Further prediction. Players will reject the negotiated CBA, a couple new numbers will be agreed to and then they will ratify the sucker.

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
it would be fitting if they anounced the deal on Parliament Hill for the Canada Day celebrations, along with the live draft lottery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad