ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-11-13_20-36-55.png

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Great game against Rangers. This guy have great potential, only 22 years old.

He had one of the best U-19 and U-20 seasons in NCAA history, in the AHL he's been on the All Rookie team, was one of the top goalies in the league last year and so far this year aside from 1 or so games he's been either good, very good or great.

The problem has been the NHL, where he shouldn't have been at age 20, and last year he came up when we were in the middle of the worst NHL schedule in the leagues history.

Goalies are tough to get a solid read on, at least for me but I have been very high on him since watching every game he played in the NCAA or just about.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
He had one of the best U-19 and U-20 seasons in NCAA history, in the AHL he's been on the All Rookie team, was one of the top goalies in the league last year and so far this year aside from 1 or so games he's been either good, very good or great.

The problem has been the NHL, where he shouldn't have been at age 20, and last year he came up when we were in the middle of the worst NHL schedule in the leagues history.

Goalies are tough to get a solid read on, at least for me but I have been very high on him since watching every game he played in the NCAA or just about.

With Jakub Dobes, i think we have a great future in net. Joe Vrbetic looks decent too. I don't know much about Frederik Dichow but he looks more promising than Michael McNiven? (I don't like McNiven).

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
With Jakub Dobes, i think we have a great future in net. Joe Vrbetic looks decent too. I don't know much about Frederik Dichow but he looks more promising than Michael McNiven? (I don't like McNiven).

hard to say with Dichow, as he barely played last year and so far this year he's been the tale of 2 players, so we need time to see which one is the real one. McNiven was a good CHL goalie, he had a health issue that after his first pro season he fixed. Since then he's been pretty good until this year where ever since he made those comments he's been fighting it for sure and just letting in way too many pucks.

Reactions: cphabs

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
He's got a good head on his shoulders and gaining momentum and flying under the radar in development. Keep it up kid !

People need to be more patient with him. He is a few years away from even being ready to be a regular NHL back-up. I think the way this org has handled him so far has been perfect.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Dude played well yesterday. I still wish he'd just spend the whole year in Laval, but can't complain with how he did last night.

I did not watch the game so will trust the words of those who did (and 2 GA on 39 shots is pretty solid usually), but that 2nd goal was pretty awful.
Good thing is they still managed to win so nobody will remember haha

Reactions: Le Tricolore

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I did not watch the game so will trust the words of those who did (and 2 GA on 39 shots is pretty solid usually), but that 2nd goal was pretty awful.
Good thing is they still managed to win so nobody will remember haha
Agreed, it wasn't the best goal to give up, but he played well overall.

Reactions: abo9

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
All goalies give up bad goals, that is normal. How you respond to bad goals is key. Primeau totally shut the door after the 2nd goal, that is what I paid attention to.

His side to side movement and rebound control have really improved.
He does need to become better at handling the puck.
65 AHL games, he is still learning. Really promising 7th round pick

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Anyone know what is up with Primeau's helmet? Its got a whitewashed feel, with the red of the Habs C in the wrong place, and it has something that looks like stylized feathers off the sides ... anyone know the theme/motif that is going on there?

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Yikes! Hope Montreal has some tenders in the system as this one does not appear he will be reliable.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Not ready to throw the towel on this guy. Not his fault that our team isn't good.

Reactions: cphabs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad