GDT: #CauseWinning: Canes @ Rongos Game 2 ("7pm" on ESPN)

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
What? Andersen was terrific. Especially in the OTs

Brind'Amour believing his own hype. Questionable decision to scratch Kuznetsov after playing him on the 4th line. Why not put him with other skilled players?
Meh that third goal is a back breaker guys flopping around in the crease. I think they’ll make the switch just to try and do something different

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I really don't want to hear a bunch of bull shit about embellishment and everything else. They had 2 PPs in OT and couldn't convert. That's a silver platter and they didn't get it done. On to the next one. Uphill battle if they're gonna get back in it, but it's not insurmountable by any means.
Oh you are 100% we f***ed ourselves by reverting back to typical Canes shit form on the PP the last couple games.

But let's not pretend those dives weren't completely shameful. That was an embarrassment for the game and every bit as bullshit as the crap we give European soccer for.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Almost time to start researching late first round draft possibilities. I’d like to believe they have a shot at coming back, but I don’t think they have it in them.

They’re just completely cursed when pitted against this Ranger team. It’s infuriating. They finally have the roster to go toe to toe with them 5-5 and they’re proving to be better in that regard, but they just can’t hold a candle to the Rongos’ special teams.

I’d love to have this post thrown right back in my face.

The Jerk Store

Felix Unger Score'em
Jul 2, 2012
Hills to the North
Oh you are 100% we f***ed ourselves by reverting back to typical Canes shit form on the PP the last couple games.

But let's not pretend those dives weren't completely shameful. That was an embarrassment for the game and every bit as bullshit as the crap we give European soccer for.
Fox's flop after Guentzal's punch was straight out of the NBA.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
In fairness, the Canes had 2 PP in OT. Hard to say the league wanted the Rangers to win when you get 2 PP in OT to win it
I mean fair, but those were blatant penalties that you have to call. The Necas hook denied a scoring chance, you have to call that.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Pesce and fast. We can mostly cover losing them in all other areas of the game, but we really miss them on the pk. They aren't our best pkers, but they are miles better than whoever has to play 'their' minutes now.
A factor for sure, but how many times has a team with a competent PP just torched the Canes out of a series? Boston in 2019,then in 2020. Tampa the next year, then the Rangers after that.

Their PP is the postseason has always been crap, except for 2006, it’s the PK that has hurt them the most.

Reactions: Daeavorn

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
The Canes could win this series but it would require them to start doing a lot of things they haven't really shown an ability to do so far this series. They certainly are good enough, but their own history, from both the last 2 games as well as their play during series when we do get eliminated the last 5 years, it doesn't give much confidence that they will.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I played hockey for a long time. I find it hard to believe that a player would take a chance on losing possession of the puck, by diving, to try and draw a penalty. I’ve always thought that. I continue to believe it.

Not an intentional dive, kind of a borderline call, but probably one you have to make.

I’ve noticed that on HF, the fans saying the other team is a bunch of divers are typically just the ones that are fans of the team that is losing. It’s copium.

Just gotta shake it off and punch them in the mouth at PNC.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Almost time to start researching late first round draft possibilities. I’d like to believe they have a shot at coming back, but I don’t think they have it in them.

They’re just completely cursed when pitted against this Ranger team. It’s infuriating. They finally have the roster to go toe to toe with them 5-5 and they’re proving to be better in that regard, but they just can’t hold a candle to the Rongos’ special teams.

I’d love to have this post thrown right back in my face.
f*** off this series is far from over

Reactions: kickback256

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I played hockey for a long time. I find it hard to believe that a player would take a chance on losing possession of the puck, by diving, to try and draw a penalty. I’ve always thought that. I continue to believe it.
I don’t know if there was a dive on that last call. I’m thinking probably not.

But it was for sure a bad call by the shitty refs in this League as usual.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad