Post-Game Talk: Cats sweep over the pens with 5-2 win, Lundell with 2 goals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Barkov with 0 points in a 5-2 win. How can you call yourself the 1C and captain of the team????

On a more positive note, Tkachuk now has 59 points in 53 games. Good for 15th best in the league.

His 41 assists puts him in the top 10 leaguewide.

Incredible how good he's been. He had 20 points in 29 games at one point! He went from pacing for 54 points to 91 points in the spam of 24 games. Great stuff.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
100%. I watch a lot of WC games as I'm a night owl. I honestly didn't think Tkachuk would be this good. I thought Gaudreau was the #1 guy on that line.

Starting to think I was wrong.
Honestly, I don't really blame anyone for thinking that, and you might have still been right.

Tkachuk had previously never come close to those numbers while Gaudreau already flirted with that type of production in previous seasons. Also, in fairness to Gaudreau, he's at the age were players typically start declining, and he joined a pretty bad team. Tkachuk was put in a nearly ideal situation with us

Of course in hindsight it's become clear that Tkachuk simply took his game to another level. But there's been so many one hit wonders over the years with players having a sudden jump in production, that I don't think people were wrong to be skeptical. If tkachuk gradually built up to being a 100 point scorer I don't think he would have had as much doubters.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Barkov with 0 points in a 5-2 win. How can you call yourself the 1C and captain of the team????
First of all, captain is a leader. That has nothing to do with scoring points. Some of the best captains have been d-men who haven't been scoring much. Secondly, one game is not representative when it comes to discussion whether a 1C is scoring enough points.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
i love seeing these things again

1708003705643.jpeg

Last edited:

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
That was a fun one to watch. It felt like they controled the game the whole way. Nice to see. Let's do it again tonight.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
I see him on the list of 'most overrated players' and I just laugh. Guy is something else. If he could skate, well...

he can skate just fine.

if he skated like the wind, he wouldn't be tkachuk.

idk if anyone caught his interview (EDIT: posted on previous page...) where he said his line's goal was to go out and play like there was no puck; just hit everything that moves. the boys in the studio pointed out that you'll never hear that from another 100 pt player.

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
he can skate just fine.

if he skated like the wind, he wouldn't be tkachuk.

idk if anyone caught his interview (EDIT: posted on previous page...) where he said his line's goal was to go out and play like there was no puck; just hit everything that moves. the boys in the studio pointed out that you'll never hear that from another 100 pt player.
Which shows how in sync they are with PoMo who said at the start of the second that he expected Pitt to come out hard to start the game since this was a way more meaningful game for them and they needed to taper that off first

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I’ve noticed Chucky’s skating has gotten a lot better this season. I mean he’s never going to be a burner but he’s definitely quicker than last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad