GDT: Cats out of the Bag - Panthers @ Scotiabank

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Panthers also lost against the sens, both teams should be tired, fired up, annoyed, and all that jazz. It'll be a good test.

Hopefully no game management :sarcasm:

1648347062461.png

Reactions: TimeZone

riffle

Mar 17, 2022
East of Eden
4-point swing ahead of this one. At least the Panthers aren't coming in upset over blowing one to the lowly Senators. Hopefully, we can play that role and play a full 60 minutes. Otherwise, it may be like that visit to Florida where the boys were too focused on being in Florida and not on the game a few years back.

This one feels like one of those 6 or 7-1 games coming, where we're on the wrong end of it.

My prediction is Mrazek goes from starter to bench before the 1st is over or early in 2nd.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
4-point swing ahead of this one. At least the Panthers aren't coming in upset over blowing one to the lowly Senators. Hopefully, we can play that role and play a full 60 minutes. Otherwise, it may be like that visit to Florida where the boys were too focused on being in Florida and not on the game a few years back.

This one feels like one of those 6 or 7-1 games coming, where we're on the wrong end of it.

My prediction is Mrazek goes from starter to bench before the 1st is over or early in 2nd.
I think it'll be a good test because the panthers have been fairly steady from the games I've seen.

Reactions: riffle

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
I have tickets to this one. That on top of the fact that it's the second night of a back to back against a good team, with Mrazek in net, means I'm fully expecting a stinker.

I'll have to make sure to savor the pre-game dinner and alcohol to make sure the night is a success.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I have tickets to this one. That on top of the fact that it's the second night of a back to back against a good team, with Mrazek in net, means I'm fully expecting a stinker.

I'll have to make sure to savor the pre-game dinner and alcohol to make sure the night is a success.
For our teams sake and yours I hope that is not the case lol.

Reactions: LastOne2100

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
I don't see why he couldn't.
If that's the case, I'd like to see

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Abruzzese - Nylander - Kampf (Scoring line)
Engvall - Tavares - Mikheyev (shutdown third line)
Steeves - Kerfoot - Blackwell

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
If that's the case, I'd like to see

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Abruzzese - Nylander - Kampf (Scoring line)
Engvall - Tavares - Mikheyev (shutdown third line)
Steeves - Kerfoot - Blackwell
As much hype there maybe for him I dont think you plug him into the second line that quickly, although he is prolly someone tavares could desperately use.

Reactions: horner

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Panthers went all out for the comeback. Even threw over 30 hits. So they'll be a bit tired for sure.

If we can bring the grit + skill game we had against the Canes, this should be a win.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
The Panthers are a very talented and entertaining team to watch. It'll be a lot of fun to watch them play. Hope the Leafs players and staff try to learn from them.

Probably 5-2 Panthers win

Reactions: ThrowDemTongs

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The Panthers are a very talented and entertaining team to watch. It'll be a lot of fun to watch them play. Hope the Leafs players and staff try to learn from them.

You will start praising the Leafs if they win tomorrow. I know Leafs are the only team that lose but wow.
Panthers lost 8-2 to a bottom feeder? Leafs shouldn't be taking lessons from them.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220326-221543_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220326-221543_Samsung Internet.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: francis246

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Another big game for the Leafs

Expecting us to fall flat on our face after getting embarrassed tonight, to be honest

Hopefully we see an actual change to the lineup. Have Spezza and Simmonds sit for a night. Bring in some energy and switch up the damn lines so that we don’t have to watch the same mess once again.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Another big game for the Leafs

Expecting us to fall flat on our face after getting embarrassed tonight, to be honest

Hopefully we see an actual change to the lineup. Have Spezza and Simmonds sit for a night. Bring in some energy and switch up the damn lines so that we don’t have to watch the same mess once again.
Leafs usually respond after a game but I guess the narrative is more important. They didn't get embarrassed.
Today's reaction is proving other teams fans opinions of Leafs fans are right. Our fanbase is terrible.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016

They’re a regular season mirage that hasn’t accomplished Jack shit

Reactions: Nylanderthal

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Wouldn’t be shocked to see the panthers blow us out like 6-3, but usually when we are down on them, they bounce back and suck us back in.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Keefe needs to split Matthews and Marner at this point. If he doesn’t he’s foolish. It hurts the super line unfortunately, but our team may be able to finally have all lines going

Bunting-JT-Marner
Kerfoot-Matthews-Nylander
Mikheyev-Kampf-Engvall
Blackwell-Spezza-Kase

Eventually even Spezza may need to sit for a Knies/Abruzze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad