GDT: Cats at Flames: Jan. 17, 7pm on SNW

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Apart from my problem with the set up for the first unit, I think the reason why it isn't more effective is that Brodie just isn't a dangerous shot from the point. I think they have him there because he is a good skater and they want some kind of defense, but put Gio out there then (a better skater than Hamilton even though Hamilton is better in the o-zone).

We have a guy in the high slot and in front of the net but they never really get good tipping opportunities because Brodie doesn't have a lazer of a shot.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Apart from my problem with the set up for the first unit, I think the reason why it isn't more effective is that Brodie just isn't a dangerous shot from the point. I think they have him there because he is a good skater and they want some kind of defense, but put Gio out there then (a better skater than Hamilton even though Hamilton is better in the o-zone).

We have a guy in the high slot and in front of the net but they never really get good tipping opportunities because Brodie doesn't have a lazer of a shot.

I think two simple moves that would make the first unit more effective would be Gio/Hamilton up top and Tkachuk replacing Chiasson in front.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Lmao so we're just never gonna call a penalty incurred on Gaudreau ever again?

Me. The guy played the puck and Johnny had already lost it at that point. It looked more like Johnny lunging to try to get the puck than actually being tripped, to be honest. Similar to the Crosby/Ovechkin play in OT last night.

Not the worst period ever. I thought those were two bad goals by Johnson, and the second one was obviously a bad breakdown to allow a 3-on-1. But the Flames are generating more chances.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Me. The guy played the puck and Johnny had already lost it at that point. It looked more like Johnny lunging to try to get the puck than actually being tripped, to be honest. Similar to the Crosby/Ovechkin play in OT last night.

Not the worst period ever. I thought those were two bad goals by Johnson, and the second one was obviously a bad breakdown to allow a 3-on-1. But the Flames are generating more chances.

Agreed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad