News Article: Catching up with Randy Burridge

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
People of a certain age remember what a big deal that series win over Montreal was. It was equal to Sox over Yankees in 2004 in that many of us thought we'd never see Boston beat the Habs. Burridge was a huge part of both Cup final teams with Kasper and Sweeney as the checking line. He was immense.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
People of a certain age remember what a big deal that series win over Montreal was.

Even more so for us diehard Bruin fans that were living in or around Montreal at the time. I'm not ashamed to say that I bawled like a 12 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert when Boston finally beat those $%#&*%$# Canadiens in a Playoff series. :handclap:

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
I loved him so much and the 1988 serie!!!
Last week i watched again on youtube resume of rhis serie !
How wonderful are thoses souvenirs
And regggggggie Lemelin
And ,y favorite all time coach
Terry O'"Reilly the best coach i saw

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
My best memory of RB was against Montreal when Chelois was trying to get Stevie Kasper to fight and, finally, RB stepped in and took him on. Beat the crap out of him. After that every time RB came on the ice, CC left the ice.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Loved Burridge. He and Kasper were my favorite PK duo on that 88 team. Especially when they tore up the habs in the playoffs.

After they clinched the series the cameras followed Burridge to the locker room and he said...

"45 years is DUST, man!!!"

Good times.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
My best memory of RB was against Montreal when Chelois was trying to get Stevie Kasper to fight and, finally, RB stepped in and took him on. Beat the crap out of him. After that every time RB came on the ice, CC left the ice.

yes!!

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Loved Burridge. He and Kasper were my favorite PK duo on that 88 team. Especially when they tore up the habs in the playoffs.

After they clinched the series the cameras followed Burridge to the locker room and he said...

Good times.

Haha, I was just going on to mention this! He summed it up perfectly.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

Good times.

My second happiest moment as a Bruins fan . My family moved from Boston to Nova Scotia when I was twelve and I had to endure a string of Montreal victories over the Bruins all the while surrounded by Montreal fans . The 88 victory was so sweet !

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Article says"catching up with Burridge" , but doesn't say what he's doing nowadays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad