Prospect Info: Catching up on Development with Kings Prospect Nic Dowd

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
With a rare extended break coming in the Kings schedule and in the Reign schedule, the Kings development staff made their way down the 10 freeway to Citizen’s Business Bank arena to work with the Ontario Reign skaters in a development day on Tuesday.

Amongst those players was one of the more prominent Kings prospects, and perhaps one of the more NHL ready prospects, center Nic Dowd...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Jaso...opment-with-Kings-Prospect-Nic-Dowd/179/73959

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
The most underrated prospect in the Kings system by far, and in my mind as a Reign season ticket holder, the most ready to step into the NHL right now of the Kings prospects. He could be a 3rd or 4th line center. Thanks for the write up Jason.

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
The most underrated prospect in the Kings system by far, and in my mind as a Reign season ticket holder, the most ready to step into the NHL right now of the Kings prospects. He could be a 3rd or 4th line center. Thanks for the write up Jason.

That impressive? Assuming no cap, waiver, issues, etc, Would you play him over Shore and/or Andreoff?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That impressive? Assuming no cap, waiver, issues, etc, Would you play him over Shore and/or Andreoff?

For the role, over Andreoff without blinking.

Proooobably not over Shore now, but over beginning-of-the-season Shore, probably.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
For the role, over Andreoff without blinking.

Proooobably not over Shore now, but over beginning-of-the-season Shore, probably.

Much better than Andreoff at center, I agree. Dowd is a better passer than Shore, so he may make players around him better, something Shore has not really been able to do. Shore is probably a bit better in the face-off circle, although comparable, and probably a bit better defensively, although Dowd could give him a run for his money if he gets the chance. The Kings don't have ANY depth at center in the AHL right now after Dowd. Hopefully Amadio helps rectify that. Kempe has been tried, but he is much, much better at LW, one position the Kings don't have a problem with on the depth chart.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
Much better than Andreoff at center, I agree. Dowd is a better passer than Shore, so he may make players around him better, something Shore has not really been able to do. Shore is probably a bit better in the face-off circle, although comparable, and probably a bit better defensively, although Dowd could give him a run for his money if he gets the chance. The Kings don't have ANY depth at center in the AHL right now after Dowd. Hopefully Amadio helps rectify that. Kempe has been tried, but he is much, much better at LW, one position the Kings don't have a problem with on the depth chart.

I have been welcomely surprised by Andrew Crescenzi.

Very good defensively. Not much for the offensive side of things but he is a very underrated defensive center. Like potentially NHL quality 4C/extra forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad