Post-Game Talk: Catching Our Breath Big Time, Hoping For What? (Habs 3-1 Flyers)

POTG? (19/03/2019)

• Total voters

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No Bergevin is the hockey version

2wh0di.gif

I wish I had roymunsonian skills to pull this off. Alas.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Aren't you using a sequential imaging software?

You need to change it frame by frame, it's just a lot of work.

Ive personally havent tried it yet, but will eventually.

It's more basic than that. I'm not using anything, just cut and paste a head on a body, lol.

Is there an easy to use software to do this? Then yeah, I would be doing it frame by frame.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Dang those Flyers fans were a whiny bunch in the stands. For people that are supposed to like the physical play, you would think their players were being murderered last night. the thing with Weber, it was basically the other guy trying to give him a wrestling hold on the neck. Then the 18 years old KK gets clearly hooked and they cheer. You cannot make this up. Is this what the Flyers franchise has turned into?

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Dang those Flyers fans were a whiny bunch in the stands. For people that are supposed to like the physical play, you would think their players were being murderered last night. the thing with Weber, it was basically the other guy trying to give him a wrestling hold on the neck. Then the 18 years old KK gets clearly hooked and they cheer. You cannot make this up. Is this what the Flyers franchise has turned into?
Yeah, it used to be normal to lose against them

Reactions: Runner77

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
It's more basic than that. I'm not using anything, just cut and paste a head on a body, lol.

Is there an easy to use software to do this? Then yeah, I would be doing it frame by frame.

There are several relatively easy to use gift softwares available. You can put in any sequence from a video file and then edit every frame like you do shoops.

@roy munson might be willing to tell us which he uses?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Looked it up, it has something to do with a 1963 horror movie directed by Mario Bava, called "Black Sabbath": A Retrospective of Mario Bava’s Black Sabbath

I'm curious as to why Hugo Sham chose this as his avatar.

Looks like Bava has quite the reputation. Wrote one fan:

You have to watch all Bava flicks - he worked in all the major 60s/70s subgenres - from horror to westerns, sc-fi, gialli, Poliziotteschi, spy, and peplum - and always produced stylish, unique films. Some are of course better than others (his real forte was horror and gialli), but even lesser Bava fare is still...well, still Bava. He doesn't let you down.

More on Black Sabbath:

A thoroughly fatalistic anthology film—bookended by appearances from special guest host Boris Karloff—Bava’s follow-up to Black Sunday offers three distinctly macabre horrors: a proto-giallo about a woman threatened by a series of telephone calls; a Gothic tale of a curse that infects the inhabitants of a house in 19th-century Russia (featuring Karloff); and the story of a Victorian-era nurse whose fate is sealed when she steals a ring from a corpse.

Jeez Hugo, this actress is in the movie -- would she not have made a good avatar?

CKEqFK8.png

Or this actress:

WEdXJat.jpg

And yet ... you went with that hideous corpse.

The brown hair one, Michèle Mercier they used to show French movies of her on TV when I was a kid, they were retro flicks from the 60s(or was it 50s?). I understand these movies were pretty popular in France, it was a series of flicks where she played "Angélique" a Marquise. They were renaissance-era flicks with a lot of sword fighting. She was blond then and really a Godess. Reminding me of Brigitte Bardeau(but IMO bettter!). The perfect woman delicate, fantastic body, not afraid of nudity, even her voice was like silk like she was born made of cley to be sculted, a flesh and blood princess from the storybooks. A beautful smile(of course) but she was best was when she was sad and distressed and crying, you couldn't help but fall for her. And want to rescue her.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There are several relatively easy to use gift softwares available. You can put in any sequence from a video file and then edit every frame like you do shoops.

@roy munson might be willing to tell us which he uses?

I don't do shoops, I just cut and paste. I do my best with very limited means.

I haven't seen Roy around for a while.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Game was fun. We had some great rhythm. BUt this is what we are. Not awful. Just great enough to look good against average teams.

But we did play a very good road game.

Did any of you pay close attention to Ghost? Wondering if any of you saw attributes that would make him a fit for the Habs next year? Of course, it's tough to extrapolate too much from one game but just overall, his skating ability, his passing and shooting, his zone exits, etc.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Did any of you pay close attention to Ghost? Wondering if any of you saw attributes that would make him a fit for the Habs next year? Of course, it's tough to extrapolate too much from one game but just overall, his skating ability, his passing and shooting, his zone exits, etc.
I was analysing your post and thought ''uh, he saw a ghost?'' and then I understood what you meant and laughed..:laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Last game gave us Drouin's absent stare.

This game, an odd move by Man Mountain as he's celebrating the win with Price.

QpS3vz1.jpg

Zooming in ...

MGvIb6g.jpg

What is this? A BC bros thing?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Cynical altruism or altruistic cynicism?

It's more like "sniperism" -- meant to relieve someone of their baggage while cutting them down to size.

The thinking is that they may actually walk away relieved that someone performed such an intervention but in reality, the sniper was only relieving himself on them.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That's actually how i was so gracefully welcomed to this forum by vladtheimpaler (not the limpwhaler) relieving himself, 12 years ago.

And people wonder why i snipe so much

I too got a harsh welcome. I remember a couple of posters relentlessly taking me to task on a lot of points I was naively trying to make. It was a rough few months and wondered, what the hell did I get into.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad