Online Series: Castle Rock (July 25th, Hulu Original Series)

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Death row attorney Henry (Andre Holland) returns to his hometown of Castle Rock, Maine after receiving a call from Shawshank in this psychological horror series from J.J. Abrams and Stephen King.

Last edited:

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Comes out tomorrow. Anyone else gonna watch this right away? I’m still pretty green to the King universe since I’m a relatively newer fan of his work, but I’m pretty damn excited for this series. It seems to have a lot of King Easter eggs sprinkled throughout.

Given how much I loved IT last year, I can only hope this series will be as good as that movie turned out.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Looking forward to it.

For those in Canada, it will be on Space. First three episodes air tonight.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I had hockey last night, so I wasn't able to catch any of the episodes. Hopefully I can binge through what's available this weekend.

From those that have seen it - is it pretty good so far?

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Finally watched the first three episodes tonight. I’m a fan of what it’s doing so far. I love how it’s asking more questions than it’s answering. The setting is great, the characters are good so far, and it very much feels like a Stephen King type of story. It should be fun seeing where they take it.

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Watched all 4 episodes so far and we are hooked. Solid show, i like all the references and easter eggs to other Stephen King works.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Absolutely love this show(not a big surprise I love the lore of Stephen Kings movies and books). On the show I have a feeling Henry’s the “Boy”(/“Devil”) of the story and the character that is currently jailed was sent and caught to stop him for the day he comes back.

Last edited:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Just breezed through the first five episodes over the past few days.

Really liking it so far, I want to see what happens next with "devil boy". :laugh:

Watching the CO snap was really chilling......couldn't get the thoughts out of his head I guess.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Can’t wait to watch the new one tonight! My wife and I were on the edge of our seats during the last episode.

As an aside, there’s a surprising lack of chatter about this show. Did they not advertise it well?

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
Definitely not advertised well. I only found about it here on HF.

lol re Grant Fuhr
And I think it was the same episode, when Sissy Spacek was watching the Twilight zone and it was the episode “the howling man” when the Brothers have the devil locked up in the basement. Wicked tie-in that likely wasn’t caught by most. I only caught it because I am a massive twilight zone fan.

Queen episode was so well done.
Episode 8 was really good too.
Only two episodes left.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Episode 9: 1 door closes, 13 more open. My goodness. I'm glad they've already renewed this for a season 2 because they're asking far too many questions towards the end of the season. Can't say I don't love it, though.

It was nice seeing Bill Skarsgard with some actual dialogue, too. Pennywise, and now this. I hope he shows up in more King adaptations and King-inspired media in the future.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Just finished episode 8 of Season One

I sure hope there's a payoff to all this

I'm curious to see what will happen, but the journey isn't particularly compelling or entertaining

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Just finished Season One, and while I don't think I'm all that interested in watching Season Two, there are just so many unanswered questions

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad