Casey Mittelstadt vs Filip Chytil

Casey Mittelstadt vs Filip Chytil

• Casey Mittelstadt

• Filip Chytil

Results are only viewable after voting.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Both are having pretty underwhelming rookie seasons, tbh. Chose Mittelstadt because the Rangers are the worst.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Chytil has been way better than 10 points.

Has the lowest on-ice shooting percentage of any Rangers regular. Fast hitting the post and missing a wide open net cost him a 3-point game tonight. Not the first time.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Middlestat looked great in Buffalo's 10 game win stretch. He's come back down to earth now. For potential, I still take Middlestat. But I'm back to feeling that he isnt ready to be Buffalo's 2C right now. It probably wouldn't hurt if he had some really good wingers to help him out.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Middlestat looked great in Buffalo's 10 game win stretch. He's come back down to earth now. For potential, I still take Middlestat. But I'm back to feeling that he isnt ready to be Buffalo's 2C right now. It probably wouldn't hurt if he had some really good wingers to help him out.
Sheary and Okposo are good enough. Not their fault Mitts lags behind.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012

I think it's more that he's learning how to play good defence at the NHL level more then lagging behind. Middlestat would skate circles around Okposo. Middlestat's still a kid and if you want him as a 2c, you have to put players around him that make him better. Sheary and Okposo also need players to make them better. Those 3 together doesnt work.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I think it's more that he's learning how to play good defence at the NHL level more then lagging behind. Middlestat would skate circles around Okposo. Middlestat's still a kid and if you want him as a 2c, you have to put players around him that make him better. Sheary and Okposo also need players to make them better. Those 3 together doesnt work.
And in the meantime both Okposo and Sheary are almost doubling Mittelstadt's production at 5on5.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
And in the meantime both Okposo and Sheary are almost doubling Mittelstadt's production at 5on5.

True, but Middlestadts a kid. He wasn't ready to be tossed into the 2c position. I said that from the get go. But I also think by the end of the year, he'll be close in points or better then both Sheary and Okposo. I mean he went from College to playing 2c in the NHL. It may take a little while for him to adjust no?

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
This should be a runaway for Chytil. A more appropriate poll should be Middlestadt vs. Andersson.

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012
Chytil has been way better than 10 points.

Has the lowest on-ice shooting percentage of any Rangers regular. Fast hitting the post and missing a wide open net cost him a 3-point game tonight. Not the first time.

5th in CF% Rel, 2nd in SCF% Rel and 3rd in HDCF% Rel among Ranger forwards. Moved up and down the line up (including time with Mcleod/Lettieri), Unsheltered Mins...he's been very good less far. The point totals will be there.

Good all around considering he just turned 19.

Reactions: Lays

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
5th in CF% Rel, 2nd in SCF% Rel and 3rd in HDCF% Rel among Ranger forwards. Moved up and down the line up (including time with Mcleod/Lettieri), Unsheltered Mins...he's been very good less far. The point totals will be there.

Good all around considering he just turned 19.
Similar start to Couturier who was a beast at driving play at 19. After a few disappointing years, he finally became a high-level producer.

I'm hoping it doesn't take Chytil until he's 25 like it did Couturier, but I'm expecting Chytil to have the same sort of boom eventually.

The Rangers have set themselves up nicely with Chytil, Kravtsov, and Miller. We're just a top center away from really having a special pipeline.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
lags behind? Okposo is the worst player on the line..all possession dies on his stick. He was better when he was with Tage who could score off his passes instead of being a flubber like Okposo there. Reinhart should be moved down to either center with Casey on the wing or vice versa with Reinhart on wing instead to try and balance the scoring so the depth scoring starts to show up for the Sabres since you know Jack's line is good for 2 GPGs on average regardless of who the 3rd skater is with Skinner there. Housley somehow finds good lineups and changes them for no good reason and scoring droughts just tend to continue outside the top line.

Reactions: sabrescupbound

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
lags behind? Okposo is the worst player on the line..all possession dies on his stick. He was better when he was with Tage who could score off his passes instead of being a flubber like Okposo there. Reinhart should be moved down to either center with Casey on the wing or vice versa with Reinhart on wing instead to try and balance the scoring so the depth scoring starts to show up for the Sabres since you know Jack's line is good for 2 GPGs on average regardless of who the 3rd skater is with Skinner there. Housley somehow finds good lineups and changes them for no good reason and scoring droughts just tend to continue outside the top line.
Mittelstadt is part of the problem, not the solution. The sooner we realize that, the sooner we can fix our middle six.

Reactions: buffalosabrebills

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Mittelstadt is part of the problem, not the solution. The sooner we realize that, the sooner we can fix our middle six.
maybe stop telling him to play like a two way player like he is currently....not like he's out there getting shelled for giving the puck away or not playing defense. His production is low but he makes up a bit for it by being good at defense which is exactly the opposite of what most were expecting from him. Its the 3rd line out there giving up all the goals and big chances to the opposition daily.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Both are having pretty underwhelming rookie seasons, tbh. Chose Mittelstadt because the Rangers are the worst.
Chytil is incredibly snakebit
From what I’ve seen of Mittelstadt he’s been snakebit as well but I’ve only seen 3-4 games of his this year
Both look very good but give me Chytil, he’s a stud

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Maybe it would help him to move to wing or move up to a better line.

We've had Chytil at wing for awhile and also tried him Kreider. Last night he was back on a lower line but the stint with Kreider seems to have helped his confidence.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Chytil is incredibly snakebit
From what I’ve seen of Mittelstadt he’s been snakebit as well but I’ve only seen 3-4 games of his this year
Both look very good but give me Chytil, he’s a stud
Can't be snakebit if you don't shoot. Mittelstadt doesn't shoot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad