Casey Cizikas - NYI

KlattNazty

Feb 3, 2011
11 points in 15 games playing for Bridgeport.

Guy plays with his heart all the time, and I cant help but pull for him even as a leaf fan, went to school with the guy here in mississauga, looks like a great 3c or maybe more for NYI. Extremely jealous!

Thought he deserved a little love!

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
This guy would be a well loved 1st round pick if he never had the unfortunate off ice incident. Good to see he's been able to overcome that

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
He's been a favorite of mine since the WJC. I doubt he ends up a top-6er, but I love the way he plays and I'm happy to see him succeed.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Miss Cizikas down in the OHL in Mississauga.

I wonder why he's still in the AHL while Josh Bailey has still played every single game. I paid attention to Bailey cos he's on my keeper team but he really does suck now and he's not that good of a two-way centre either, Cizikas would be better for sure.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009

I wonder why he's still in the AHL while Josh Bailey has still played every single game. I paid attention to Bailey cos he's on my keeper team but he really does suck now and he's not that good of a two-way centre either, Cizikas would be better for sure.

He's probably getting double the ice time in the AHL then he would in the NHL. If anything Bailey is a prime example as to why you don't want to rush a kid into the NHL.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site

To be blunt, i am sure the Isles management would admit that they rushed Bailey. Cizikas is a pro-rookie. While he wouldn't hurt and could even contribute on the 3rd or 4th line...I think getting top 6 minutes, riding the bus, and putting in his due won't hurt him.

Mind you if I was running the Isles, I'd take Casey aside and tell him that if he can have a strong, two way 50 or 60 games down on the farm that he will get a cup of coffee this year in the NHL.

Help keep him motivated.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
To be blunt, i am sure the Isles management would admit that they rushed Bailey. Cizikas is a pro-rookie. While he wouldn't hurt and could even contribute on the 3rd or 4th line...I think getting top 6 minutes, riding the bus, and putting in his due won't hurt him.

Mind you if I was running the Isles, I'd take Casey aside and tell him that if he can have a strong, two way 50 or 60 games down on the farm that he will get a cup of coffee this year in the NHL.

Help keep him motivated.

Once the Islanders are out of playoff contention I have a feeling we'll see him, Ullstrom, and DiBenedetto all up to see some NHL time in March and April.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I think they have similar qualities when it comes to their defensive game and grit, but I don't think he's got Bolland's offensive upside.

I disagree. The only thing going against Cizikas however is that the Isles haven't been as good as an organization of developing players as the Hawks.

However, at the same time Cizikas probably is a lot closer to having an NHL opportunity in NY as well.

Some guys play for the WJC team in a 3rd or 4th line role and don't have productive NHL careers....and some become Brad Marchand.

Cizikas does NOT have Marchand upside. But he can be Dave Bolland. I hope he proves as much.

MJP

Jul 27, 2009
ny
Once the Islanders are out of playoff contention I have a feeling we'll see him, Ullstrom, and DiBenedetto all up to see some NHL time in March and April.

we're out of playoff contention. Half the team we have on the ice right now should be in the AHL.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Cant wait until Cizikas is an NHL regular......Should be a very solid 3rd line center who can lead the PK add toughness and energy and also has offensive skill....

msv957

Aug 3, 2005
Not sure I am a fan of 5'10 185 pound 3rd line checking centers.

However, Cizikas did show serious grit in the WJC and his junior career.

Good prospect

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK

Good prospect

he could always switch to the wing if lack of size is a problem.

KlattNazty

Feb 3, 2011

Good prospect

Casey is one tough SOB, lol trust my ive seen him in enough fights off the field :P I doubt his size is what holds him back (if anything does).

startainfection*

we're out of playoff contention. Half the team we have on the ice right now should be in the AHL.

the isles have played the least games in the east and are 3 games under 500

they are no where close to being out of it

bluechipbonzo

Feb 12, 2010
Ottawa

Good prospect

This isn't 1999.

Skating, smarts, tenacity, and defensive awareness are the hallmarks of the defensive centre in today's NHL.

Besides, size never hurt guys like Gainey and Carbonneau.

The idea that you need huge shut-down centres went out with the clutch-and-grab NHL that saw bigger players being preferred on the ice.

Cizikas is NHL material, no doubt.

Third line centre is about perfect.

:nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad