GDT: cartor -- Reimer v Canes

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London
now the real back-to-back luck is put to the test against the rangers

if this site I'm looking at is correct we have 1 win in our last 19 games vs NYR

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
"I thought they worked hard and I thought we worked hard," Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock said. "I thought they were better in the first 10 minutes, we were better in the next 30 minutes, and they were better in the third period. They skate better than we do. They have more guys that skate. I thought their kids were really good on the back end. You have to be really excited if you are the Hurricanes; they have four kids that look like they can play."

The One Who Knocks

Jul 10, 2007
California
It's good to see Lack playing strong after the blow out against Pittsburgh. Even better to see a hard-fought team effort pay off with a win. Hopefully the offense wakes up soon and we leapfrog some teams in the standings.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Good for Eddie to get the shutout. I have to admit I haven't been a fan of Jordon or the trade for the most part....but after they stopped putting him on a line with Eric and let him play his role I get a vibe that he has stepped up....I can see he looks less lethargic and more intense out there on the ice.

Eric doesn't look very dangerous it almost looks like Steeger has been carrying him and Lindy all season. I hope we resign Steeger in the offseason.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I was barely able to watch any of the game last night, but from reading various articles, sounds like it was a bit of a grinding "snoozefest"? No matter, 2 points is 2 points and that's a good win.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/01/21/maple-leafs-downed-by-hurricanes-in-1-0-ot-stinker

Word on the street was good tickets were available at below cost prior to Thursday’s snoozefest, but lest one thought there was value in them the 18,981 announced witnesses would have had a different story.

When you have a home team with next to no offensive prowess under Mike Babcock and a grinding opponent under Babcock disciple Bill Peters, I guess this is what you get.

“It’s much like a chess match,” said Leafs forward Nazem Kadri. “It’s all strategy and structure.

Kadri was being too kind and perhaps even slighting chess.

:laugh:

The atmosphere at the ACC was as sleepy as it has been this season — which is saying something.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
We got 40 shots on goal in that snooze fest, and they got 31.

This is why you can't have nice things, Toronto. Babcock is a winner, and all y'all can do is whine that you're bored. You deserve to lose.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Yeah I really don't get the whole snoozefest thing. There were tons of shots, tons of chances, great coaching, and great goaltending. I guess if a game isn't 5-4 it's boring.

I was really impressed with Reimer, he does look like a different goalie this year.

And **** Phaneuf, dude is a *****. Gets punked by the Staal's constantly, so he throws cheapshots. They should keep Malone in the lineup for games against teams like that simply to return the favor. I ****ing despise everything about the Leafs (except Kadri and Reimer).

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Yeah, as I said, I didn't catch the game, was just commenting on what I read (not just there, but by some in the GDT's as well). I think part of the problem from a Toronto standpoint is they know they are completely out of it, are missing their #1 scorer and are pretty much tanking..so hard to get excited.

Re: Reimer....if Lack shows he's not the guy, he might be a good target in the off-season.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
We got 40 shots on goal in that snooze fest, and they got 31.

This is why you can't have nice things, Toronto. Babcock is a winner, and all y'all can do is whine that you're bored. You deserve to lose.

Exactly. DTMAboutHeart had expected score of that game based on shot location and quantity to be 4-3.8 Canes. It was by no means boring.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Exactly. DTMAboutHeart had expected score of that game based on shot location and quantity to be 4-3.8 Canes. It was by no means boring.

Oh good, so now I need to go to a website to tell me if I should have been entertained by a game too? I can't let my eyes and brain tell me that this wasn't really enjoyable for me to watch? It was a game full of mistakes and turnovers, ****** zone exits, and non existent finishing. I mean you can't honestly tell me you watched that game and said MY GOD these goalies are on another planet tonight. They were great sure, but it's not like it was Hasek v. Broduer in the playoffs that one year.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Oh good, so now I need to go to a website to tell me if I should have been entertained by a game too? I can't let my eyes and brain tell me that this wasn't really enjoyable for me to watch? It was a game full of mistakes and turnovers, ****** zone exits, and non existent finishing. I mean you can't honestly tell me you watched that game and said MY GOD these goalies are on another planet tonight. They were great sure, but it's not like it was Hasek v. Broduer in the playoffs that one year.

It was a good hockey game. The Canes are the best shot suppression team in the league and the Leafs managed over 30 shots.

If you were bored, fine. There were both a high quantity and high quality of chances. That's a fact.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
It was a good hockey game. The Canes are the best shot suppression team in the league and the Leafs managed over 30 shots.

If you were bored, fine. There were both a high quantity and high quality of chances. That's a fact.

What made it a good hockey game exactly? Was it the non existent breakout passes from the Canes defense? Was it constant turnovers and dumping the puck back to the opposing team? The game was extremely sloppy, both coaches said as much. Was it sloppy because it was a "chess match"? Great, fine. But that doesn't make it a "good hockey game".

This isn't a scoring thing either. I can enjoy watching 90 minutes of South Korea and Sweden play to a nil - nil draw in soccer so long as its not a sloppy mess of a game.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I was nervous, the 2nd period was frustating but surely i didn't feel bored.

I don't think bored is the right terminology because it's a tie hockey game. I can't be bored with that. I just thought it wasn't a particularly well played hockey game.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
There were definitely stretches of boring sloppy play, but overall I was pretty entertained.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
The announcers were laughing at how slow and deliberate it was. Joking they were going run through both benches during the shootout. During the second period they were saying this, not the overtime.

I fully agreed. At times the defensive game can have its moments but that was two teams trying to slow everything down and eliminating flow. Yay we won but the first two periods were pretty slow. Yes there ended up being "quality" chances but it definitely lacked flow for much of it.

I used to love that, now I'm old and cantankerous and would like to see a little more flow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad