Carter practicing with Richie and King

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
There's no GDT up yet, so I'm just throwing this out there...

Jon Rosen ‏@lakingsinsider 1m Jeff Carter took rushes with Dwight King and Mike Richards. Tyler Toffoli skated to the right of Daniel Carcillo & Jarret Stoll.

also, the Dads are on the road trip and 1 brother (per Jim fox)

If he's cleared to play tonight, it will be good to see Carter again, I esp missed him with the Kings were 4 x4 (him and Richie usually get a nice rush and scoring chance), PK and in the 3 x 3 OT.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
There's no GDT up yet, so I'm just throwing this out there...

Jon Rosen ‏@lakingsinsider 1m Jeff Carter took rushes with Dwight King and Mike Richards. Tyler Toffoli skated to the right of Daniel Carcillo & Jarret Stoll.

also, the Dads are on the road trip and 1 brother (per Jim fox)

If he's cleared to play tonight, it will be good to see Carter again, I esp missed him with the Kings were 4 x4 (him and Richie usually get a nice rush and scoring chance), PK and in the 3 x 3 OT.

Toffoli with Stoll is such a waste. I just hope Carter isn't rushing back. Him at 80% isnt going to do this team any good.

KingKopitar11*

Toffoli with Stoll is such a waste. I just hope Carter isn't rushing back. Him at 80% isnt going to do this team any good.

I am glad Carter is back wooo
Exactly. Stoll is no play maker. Why do you put a sniper who needs a good play maker with a center that can't make plays you put Toffoli with Vey. Come on Sutter.

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
I am glad Carter is back wooo
Exactly. Stoll is no play maker. Why do you put a sniper who needs a good play maker with a center that can't make plays you put Toffoli with Vey. Come on Sutter.

Because they are on the road and VAN gets last change. The Sedins would kill the rookies. While the kid line is creative, they are somewhat getting up to speed on the defensive end of things.

Captain Mittens*

slave driver :( look again ;)

also ... Carter is NOT on the ROSTER SHEET for tonight, and still officially on the IR, so I doubt he plays, but it should mean he's CLOSE to returning ! :clap:

“We’ll activate Jeff today,†Coach Darryl Sutter said. “We’ll have an extra forward in the warmup. We’ve got room to do it.â€

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...carter-20131125,0,4645114.story#ixzz2lhJIm66K
looks like he is in

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

Carter wouldnt' do something that foolhardy and neither would the Kings or their training staff.

Although I am surprised that he was practicing with the 2nd line. I figured that being out for 3 weeks and being a bit rusty, not having his game legs/timing, he'd be on the 3rd line for a game or two.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Just garbage. Toffoli with Carcillo and Stoll? I don't even know what to say.

And who sits if Carter and Nolan play, clearly not Stoll or Carcillo.

I actually like Carcillo in a fourth line role, but this is once again DS putting fourth line players like Carcillo and Stoll into roles they have no business playing and in the process dragging down one of the Few Kings players who has been generating offense.

And is Pearson now going to be a scratch, one would assume so, unless Sutter scratches Clifford which would be shocking

KingKopitar11*

Because they are on the road and VAN gets last change. The Sedins would kill the rookies. While the kid line is creative, they are somewhat getting up to speed on the defensive end of things.

That has to be one of the worst reasons ever. Then who is the Kopitar line going to face. There's no reason that's good enough to have stoll and Toffoli together. You can put Clifford Vey and Toffoli together. That line would actually have some creativity.

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
That has to be one of the worst reasons ever. Then who is the Kopitar line going to face. There's no reason that's good enough to have stoll and Toffoli together. You can put Clifford Vey and Toffoli together. That line would actually have some creativity.

1) Worst reason ever? Holy hyperbole batman! You do realize that with last change, Torts gets to keep the Sedins away from Kopi's line, don't you? Torts may come across as arrogant, but he's still a decent hockey mind and there's no way he's matching up the Sedins vs Kopitars line.

2) I realize the hate for Stoll's offensive game is strong, but the job of the 3rd line is to prevent goals. Vey looks like he could use a little work in that department. That's why you'll see Stoll take more defensive draws than Vey regardless of who the wingers are.

3) Is Vey even in the lineup tonight? Or Pearson for that matter?

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I was hoping with how well TT and Vey have played that Sutter would have been more open to rolling with three capable scoring lines. But as soon as Carter, Clifford and Stoll returned it was right back to a top heavy lineup and now we have Toffoli with Stoll and Carcillo and Vey with Clifford. Just a total waste of two guys who are capable offensive talents when surrounded by the right linemates.

The Kings bottom lines are going to be a weakness again, especially with DKing now on the second line. Going to be lots of pressure on the top 6 and PP.

BTW why are Clifford and Carcillo both in the lineup so much. It's so redundant. I think Carcillo is without question the better player, but if DS is going to keep with the Clifford man crush then Carcillo needs to sit.

KingKopitar11*

Oops this is in response to driller.

You're obviously selling them short. Vey is very good. He's responsible and he's a great play maker. Toffoli and Vey are great together. Pearson isn't too hot so I wouldn't be shocked if he's scratched.

You put Vey and Toffoli together, let them use their chemistry and their skills. Our bottom 6 can be good. But the way Sutter handles them is what makes them look bad.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
You're obviously selling them short. Vey is very good. He's responsible and he's a great play maker. Toffoli and Vey are great together. Pearson isn't too hot so I wouldn't be shocked if he's scratched.

You put Vey and Toffoli together, let them use their chemistry and their skills. Our bottom 6 can be good. But the way Sutter handles them is what makes them look bad.

I agree they could be good together but do we really expect Sutter to play them together. They are rookies and the Kings don't have a LW to play with them unless they use King and he is playing really well on line 2.

Toffoli and Vey are good but not good enough or experienced enough to produce points when they are playing with Stoll, Carcillo, Clifford and Lewis. Our bottom six is just littered with offensive black holes.

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
As mush as I'd love to see Carter center a line with Richards on the left and Toffoli on the right, I don't think Sutter would put a guy who may have conditioning issues and is coming off an injury with the responsibilities of the center position.

That would be the best 2nd line we could put together IMO and you may see it at some point during the game tonite (assuming JC77 plays), but we'll see.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Facewash,

If DS doesn't want Carter at C yet he could have had him on Vey's RW.

Carcillo- Vey- Carter looks worlds better than Carcillo-Stoll-Toffoli

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Oops this is in response to driller.

I agree Vey is good, but he's still learning.

And don't worry, if Vey is playing, he'll get paired with Top Titty

1) On the 2nd PP unit
2) If the Kings fall behind and need a spark (ala the NY Islanders game)

Stoll is what he is - an overpaid 3rd line center, but a pretty good defensive one. You still need him, especially for road games and defensive draws.

KingKopitar11*

They have to learn some time or later in the NHL. You can't stop sheltering players that are ready. They are impact players and they have shown their impact. Change is good. They aren't peewee players.

You can't expect talent to play well with, as Herby said "offensive black holes"

Last edited by a moderator:

possesthepuck

Nov 23, 2013
Kenora Ontario
I agree with Sutter on this one. This very well could be our lineup in a deep playoff run. Were going to need guys like Clifford and Carcillo to come up and play if someone goes down. Toffs aint going down ever again, and Pearson and Vey still play 40 games. Its better to only call them up in bursts so they only have success instead of letting them get cold.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
b7bdc28e556311e3af8c0e869e0762eb_8.jpg

I'm back, *****es!

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Moot point - Vey and Pearson are benched as projected by Rosen.

For the record, I think that Fraser should be sitting, not Vey...

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Moot point - Vey and Pearson are benched as projected by Rosen.

For the record, I think that Fraser should be sitting, not Vey...

Same, but I guess Sutter's going with more veteran presence for the Canucks and Fraser's been there done that for a long time now.

KingKopitar11*

Same, but I guess Sutter's going with more veteran presence for the Canucks and Fraser's been there done that for a long time now.

Eh you can say that. But just because they are veterans doesn't make them a better choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad