TBN: Carter Hutton to 'carry the ball' for Sabres with Linus Ullmark out 3 to 4 weeks

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Carter Hutton to 'carry the ball' for Sabres with Linus Ullmark out 3 to 4 weeks

I will express my opinion in memes.

Hutton Quote:
"I’ve been in this situation before I feel bad for him because he was playing great. He’s obviously been rock solid all year, and he’s having a career year for sure. It’s a tough injury. The way we play, it’s tough, whatever happened. He’ll come back. Right now I have to go in there and just play hockey, and it will be fun."

"I don’t think anyone inside this room anyone has ever doubted me or anything like that. Sometimes the picture can get painted outside, you know what I mean, but not everybody has the information, what’s going on. For me, I played a lot of games. It’s not like I just fell off a cliff here. It’s been a rough go, but it’s just hockey. I feel like for a long time I’ve felt good here, and it’s just a matter of getting in.
At the same time, I haven’t played because Linus has played so well. It wasn’t a lack of what I was doing in practice or anything like that. Linus has been – everyone’s been watching, right? – he’s been the backbone so far. Now I have to get in there and just play my game."

MSS.jpg

Krueger Quote:
"We know that Carter can step up here. He had an excellent start of the season, some struggles of late. But it was more also the team performing differently in those games. There was some overtimes in there that didn’t tip his way, so we’re cheering for him as loud as anybody to get back on track result-wise. But he’s always worked hard and has had some good weeks now with (goaltending coach) Mike Bales. They’ve done a lot of extra work, and we feel Carter is ready to be the guy to step in here and carry the ball."

244b992a4753d38ed947da0b5ec98738219747fa9c33f24e64bc34f6dd550ccd.jpg

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
If hutton is ridden, krueger needs to be sent back to the epl.

If the plan is only to play the vets, simply trade all of the young players and prospects. Far more valuable in a trade than sitting in the pressbox

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
I'd prefer it if he'd 'stop the puck' for the Sabres with Ullmark out, but that's probably asking too much.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
If hutton is ridden, krueger needs to be sent back to the epl.

If the plan is only to play the vets, simply trade all of the young players and prospects. Far more valuable in a trade than sitting in the pressbox

What's he supposed to say? "We have no faith in Hutton so Johansson is going to carry the ball"?

Of course he's going to be given the first opportunity, doesn't mean they won't give JJ or others a shot if Hutton crashes and burns.

I also think we may see a more complete defensive effort in front since the team will want to support him.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
What's he supposed to say? "We have no faith in Hutton so Johansson is going to carry the ball"?

Of course he's going to be given the first opportunity, doesn't mean they won't give JJ or others a shot if Hutton crashes and burns.

I also think we may see a more complete defensive effort in front since the team will want to support him.

It would be nice if they show up, collectively, for someone who everyone raves about being such a nice guy and all that. Maybe if they showed they gave a damn about one another more often, we'd get a better product and give a damn about them more often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad