Confirmed with Link: Carter Hutton (2 years @ $1.125m)

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Not sure this is an upgrade over Nilsson, but I don't think it is a downgrade. If he came in cheaper than Nilsson's asking price it makes complete sense.

My first reaction is positive. He should be a fine backup and is just good enough to prevent disaster is Allen is hurt for 4-6 weeks. I prefer this to Binnington or Copley.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
not a big deal imo as allen is going to start 60 games this year.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
He'll backup this year to allow our young guys to season down/up in Chicago. Expansion fodder after that and out-right released if the kids are ready to come up. I think that with Allen extended for so long, Copley and Binnington are pretty much done and Husso may be the goalie of the future.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Not sure this is an upgrade over Nilsson, but I don't think it is a downgrade. If he came in cheaper than Nilsson's asking price it makes complete sense.

My first reaction is positive. He should be a fine backup and is just good enough to prevent disaster is Allen is hurt for 4-6 weeks. I prefer this to Binnington or Copley.

It's a substantial upgrade over Nilsson. Hutton has shown himself to be a capable goalie. Nilsson flat out sucks.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
16r84c.jpg

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
This move really puts the onus on Allen. Hutton is a backup, and that's it. He barely had to play in Nashville because they ride Rinne a lot. When Rinne got hurt, he struggled playing a lot of games. Allen needs to play 60+ games with this move. Whatever you want to say about Anders, he has played more professional games at a younger age than Hutton. He also has much more upside to develop into a #1 or 1b working with Corsi.

The good part of Hutton is that he is used to playing in a more defensive oriented system. His style will mesh well with our team. He's more steady than Anders when he plays in small doses.

BluesTraveller

Mar 5, 2012
St Louis
Cheap.

I was going to post that he seemed to play well against us, but then looked up his record at Scottrade where he is 0-2-3 all time.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad