Confirmed with Link: Carter Hart Officially Charged With One Count Of Sexual Assault (Per His Lawyers); Non-roster, salary cap info in OP

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Apologies, i know this is probably covered somewhere but there's 54 pages here and I can't be bothered going through it.

Should i just drop Hart in my fantasy league, or is there a chance he comes back?
He ain't playing this season...just drop him

Reactions: BillDineen

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
They really like this whole group thing, huh.

Seems weird to me that they would opt for a group trial rather than individual

The sentencing would be separate so it is probably about protecting the victim... so she only has to testify once. Happens all the time in such cases in the UK too. (which ofc is a very similar legal system)

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
FYI- each of the 5 defence lawyers will get to cross examine the complainant.
Probably is easier on a victim(which obviously is not the term the court would use before any guilt is established) to have 1 trial to testify at instead of 5 different trials.

Certainly easier on the court system.

Reactions: Rebels57

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Thanks. Somewhere in a Canadian source I read that the victim of an assault could not be cross examined. Her statement could be challenged in court but that the defense attorneys could not grill her on the stand. It looks like that info could be wrong.

There’s some nuance in the criminal code and applications can be made when there’s a minor or vulnerable adult involved, and I know an accused themselves cannot cross examine. But the info I’ve been fed by my lawyer buddy is the defence lawyers will be able to cross examine. I suppose barring a successful application.

Reactions: renberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad