Carter Hart Incredible Save

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I really want to know what lane or option Scott Laughton thought he was taking away when he moved his stick. I guess the guy in front.

Carter bailed him out big time, he can’t let that pass through like that

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Couldn't catch the puck? Not that great....

Actually, that was a great save, read the pass and just got enough of it to keep it out.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Poor Hughes, kid was probably certain he was about to pick up his first NHL point there. Hart just robbed him.

Reactions: Meuracas

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Good save. But of course, he was very lucky the shot was going exactly towards his glove. Still, nice moving across. I can just imagine Hellebuyck trying to save that.

I think Carter Hart could be the best goalie in the league. If not now, very soon.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Good save. But of course, he was very lucky the shot was going exactly towards his glove. Still, nice moving across. I can just imagine Hellebuyck trying to save that.

I think Carter Hart could be the best goalie in the league. If not now, very soon.
what? this comment... ha ha

Reactions: Hapiii

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
The context of the save makes it even better. After a tight first the flyers are out-chancing the devils in the second, but only able to pot one. Then at the end of the period take two self-inflicted penalties. In years past we would’ve been giving up the tying goal late and probably another one to boot. Instead Hart does this, the bench and the stadium are suddenly alive, and we got to watch probably the most exciting PK in a flyers game since the Richards days.

Van Buren Boy

--------------------
Aug 18, 2006

The puck was off Hall's stick before Hart even reacted. He was tracking that puck the whole way.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Turning point of the game.

The Devils got a full 2 minutes 5v3 with a little over 2 minutes left in the 2nd trailing 1-0.

Hart made that save, and a few others, and the Flyers killed the 5v3 heading into the 2nd intermission. They then came out and scored 2 goals in the first minute of the 3rd to put the game away.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey

The Devils got a full 2 minutes 5v3 with a little over 2 minutes left in the 2nd trailing 1-0.

Hart made that save, and a few others, and the Flyers killed the 5v3 heading into the 2nd intermission. They then came out and scored 2 goals in the first minute of the 3rd to put the game away.
Yeah. It was a great save, but the energy and context of it was something really special. Felt like “more.”

Reactions: Rebels57

VA Oil

Oiler fan in Virginia
Dec 3, 2010
Danville, VA
Great save but watching the video on YouTube at the slowest possible speed....around the 22 second mark it looks like the goal is in the net. Maybe just the angle? Either way, crazy play.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012

It got the crowd and the bench pumped. The Devils didn’t do anything with the rest of that 5 on 3.

Reactions: Rebels57

WeatherBeaten

Mar 4, 2019
Great save but watching the video on YouTube at the slowest possible speed....around the 22 second mark it looks like the goal is in the net. Maybe just the angle? Either way, crazy play.
It's just the angle. The camera isn't directly above the goal line, it's in front of it, so an elevated puck appear closer to the line than it actually is. Just look at how far over the line the cross bar appears to be from that angle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad