Carter Hart Highlights Philadelphia Flyers Impressive Goaltending Pipeline

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Thanks very much for this article. I have one of those sixth sense feelings -- not that the other five are working -- that Hart won't have an NHL impact and that it will be Sandstrom who will be the Flyers' best hope for a franchise goalie. Maybe it's just pessimism and I hope I am completely wrong.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
One of these goalies in the pipeline better become the next decade long legit number 1 starter

Since Hextall's initial rookie year.. our pipeline has been one of a septic tank with lots of number 2 turds flowing in and out of an open sewer line

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Thanks very much for this article. I have one of those sixth sense feelings -- not that the other five are working -- that Hart won't have an NHL impact and that it will be Sandstrom who will be the Flyers' best hope for a franchise goalie. Maybe it's just pessimism and I hope I am completely wrong.

I don't share your intuition about Hart, Bern, but I definitely have the same feelings about Sandstrom. He is basically the Bunny between the pipes, and if between the two of them we don't collect at least seven Cups, I will be both surprised and disappointed.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hart's technique is really impressive. If he can find the perfect balance between using his technique and using his reflexes, he can be a top 10 goalie.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I am excited for the Felix/Hart debate in a year or two

Why wait?

raf,750x1000,075,t,101010:01c5ca27c6.jpg

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
Ecstatic if just 1 of them develops into a true #1, would be unreal to have to decide between 2!

Ron will cream his jeans if we can bring up a bluechip keeper from within to go with the rest, the pool is looking so good, it would be the cherry on top.

If we could be trading excess prospects for quality picks (instead of final pieces), it's gonna be an amazing 10 years for the orange and black.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Ive seen Stolarz the most and hes the goalie I'm the most optimistic for. He's huge, but hes athletic and quick.

Hart excites me based on his accomplishments so far.

I know very little about Felix except that he has equal potential as these other guys.

As long as one of them pans out, I'll be happy. But i think Stolie the Goalie has an NHL future

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
One of these goalies in the pipeline better become the next decade long legit number 1 starter

Since Hextall's initial rookie year.. our pipeline has been one of a septic tank with lots of number 2 turds flowing in and out of an open sewer line

Keeping Bobrovsky could have helped ...

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I couldn't imagine this team with a 7.5 million dollar goaltender. We'd be in cap hell and most of those years that we would have gotten out of him would have been behind a terribad defense.

Let me help..

Imagine this team WITH Bobrovsky and WITHOUT MacDonald

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
So weird having multiple goalie prospects with legit chances to be NHL starters. I remember when the Flyers drafted Stolie . I really wanted Martin Frk with that pick!

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
I really do not care which goaltending prospect pans out as long as one of them is capable of being something like a top 15 goalie. Not asking for a multiple Vezina winner here... just a guy capable of regularly being in to .920 range. Anything above that is gravy to me.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I really do not care which goaltending prospect pans out as long as one of them is capable of being something like a top 15 goalie. Not asking for a multiple Vezina winner here... just a guy capable of regularly being in to .920 range. Anything above that is gravy to me.

Sounds like a vezina player to me haha. But I get what you're saying. We are set pretty well and don't need a game breaker goalie. Just not an incompetent one. Or one scared of the playoffs. That said if we get a game stopper we are going to the best team in the league easily. Going to have to get rid of the salary cap though. Where you at fehr!?

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Clearly the goaltender the Flyers next win a cup with will be Ustimenko. Beating the Bruins in the ECF. He's the Rinaldo pick. It's only right.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You don't need an elite goalie to win in the salary cap era. So hopefully one of these guys (don't care who) becomes an above average starter. The position is a crapshoot so you'll always have a lot end game variance for better or worse regardless of the players early hype outside of the NHL. So best to keep drafting & hope you hit on one. Also important to keep potential options even if a guy establishes himself at NHL. In case he later falters or gets to a point where he wants a big money contract that isn't ideal with a salary cap.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad