Carter Ashton vs Jerry D'amigo

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think both can realistically make it in time... but from my viewings, Ashton is more NHL ready and should have a better shot at making the NHL permanently.

He may not have the skill to become a top 6 winger at the NHL level, but he has everything else to become a solid top 9 winger. He's got the size, 2-way game to go along with speed and toughness.

D'Amigo may be a workhorse, but his lack of size and average skating ability for that size may hurt him.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
I think both are longshots to be consist NHL contributors (even in a 3rd/4th line role), but I voted Ashton as I think his odds are greater.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I really liked the Ashton trade at first, but not so much anymore. Oh wellz. Hopefully he can improve and make the team, but he's like never mentioned as being a callup anymore.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Ashton will be getting another shot eventually. He's a 1st round pick and is a forward with size. Next camp will be a good opportunity for him to get Carlyle's attention.

D'Amigo has quite the uphill battle. I think he's got a couple years of development on the Marlies to go.

MakeTheIronSing

Oct 13, 2011
Edmonton
I wouldnt be surprised if Leivo beats them both to the punch to be honest.

I voted neither, I just don't see it really. Thankfully, Ive been wrong a lot.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Ashtons terrific on the forecheck and has size and a great work ethic... He will make the team, i think Jerrys more of a guy who could be called up in the playoffs do a fantastic job on the pk and scoring clutch goals then become a regular nhler from the playoff success. Ashton will stick when he gets called up though as he is a carlyle type player.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
The offensive skillset of both these guys is so limited, I would be very surprised to see either of them become regular NHL players.

Every time I watch the marlies, they thoroughly disappoint me or sometimes I barley notice them making an impact

KingBuzzo

A custom title.
Nov 3, 2010
Toronto
Ashtons terrific on the forecheck and has size and a great work ethic... He will make the team, i think Jerrys more of a guy who could be called up in the playoffs do a fantastic job on the pk and scoring clutch goals then become a regular nhler from the playoff success. Ashton will stick when he gets called up though as he is a carlyle type player.

Him being on a line with McClement would be great.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I really liked the Ashton trade at first, but not so much anymore. Oh wellz. Hopefully he can improve and make the team, but he's like never mentioned as being a callup anymore.
Other than Fratts, who should have made the team out of camp, there hasn't been a need to call anyone up on wing.
That being said, he isn't ready yet. He will be a NHL player in a couple of years IMO

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
never really liked the ashton trade...would rather have aulie.

whatever, not my decision, i think ashton will be here eventually tho.

stanleyorbust

Nov 29, 2009
never really liked the ashton trade...would rather have aulie.

whatever, not my decision, i think ashton will be here eventually tho.

Neither are in the NHL so it'll take a while to figure out who wins this trade.

Ashton might turn into a decent 3rd liner... But I dont expect much from him. D'amigo hype has died,and most just hope he doesnt fade away in an career ahler

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada

I was always on the fence with regards to this deal. Ashton was then and remains now a question mark but one with potential. Aulie, I don't think was a vital part of our roster going forward and I have difficulty seeing where he would fit in on this year's team.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
D'Amigo will be part of a trade package. Just a hunch or guess on my part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad