Confirmed with Link: Carter Ashton hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
So if Kulemin and Fraser come off LTIR how close is the cap if Ashton is suspended and still counting against the cap?

Cap is 64.3

Right now we're at 62.3

Add Fraser/remove Liles = 62.6

Add Kulemin/remove Smith and Bodie = 64.2

I rounded up most of the time so it's probably between .1 and .2, plus bonuses could lower it if necessary

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson
Raymond-Bolland-Kulemin
Mclaren-Mcclement-Orr
Ashton (SUSP)

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf
Rielly-Gardiner
Fraser-Franson
Ranger

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
It was a dirty play; even if there wasn't an injury.

We wouldn't tolerate this against us; we should not be biased at a time like this. He deserves what he gets.

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
the fact that player was turning a bit and a bit further from boards and prevented injury helps ashton...still 2 games, but coulda be 5+

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Not a repeat offender, no injury, not a star player... 1-2 games.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
He got killed in the corner. I was watching him most of the way until he did that dirty hit.

Should be 3 games minimum.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Sucks for a kid who is trying to make the big leagues; I bet he's constantly being told to finish his checks. This particular "check" is suspendable though

Babscocks

Jan 7, 2011
Edmonton
I know this is likely a suspension an all, but what a joke. I really don't care if he gets a few games, he's pretty expendable in the way he's been playing but he should only be fined in my opinion.

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
I don't have a problem with the league reviewing this hit. I think they should be looking into many more than they do formally. Not saying they should suspend more but at least let the players and organizations know they the hit is under review.

As a Leaf fan I don't really care if Ashton is suspended.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
3 games or less. On the main boards some posters are crying and saying it should be a 10 game suspension, was worse than Scott's hit, worse than Kaleta, etc. I love how much people hate us.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Fisher push on Franson was far more dirty and dangerous! Not even reviewed by the league! Fisher should have got some form of suspension too!

Kid deserves a fine and/or maybe a 1 game suspension. Any more than that would be a travesty given that Fisher got nothing FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad