GDT: carstl

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I might be missing this one. Have to head to the store to get 17 loafs of bread and 10 gallons of milk. I'll probably have to hit 15 different stores to get it all.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Woke up and snowed overnight. Total surprise. I didn't even have the chance to get my 42 gallons of milk and 93 loaves of bread.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I might be missing this one. Have to head to the store to get 17 loafs of bread and 10 gallons of milk. I'll probably have to hit 15 different stores to get it all.

Might want to get 20 loafs just in case.

5aXplUH.png

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Where I went to college, the average snowfall was > 200 inches per year and the only time I recall classes ever being cancelled, was the day a huge storm hit the day before the holiday break ended. Probably 70% of the students couldn't make it back from break so they basically had no choice but to cancel.

I always get a kick out of the "northerners" who laugh at how things get shut down in this area when there is just a couple of inches of snow. Try having no snow tires (or even all-season), 2 plows, few sand/salt trucks, etc..up north and see how well things go in a snowfall.

Man I don't miss that one bit.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Here's the NAM and GFS weather models. I think NAM is usually more precise, but GFS has been correct before. I seriously doubt you'll see close to a foot or more, but between these 2, I wouldn't be surprised if the Triangle get's 5-6".

NAM

bZBYzZy.png

GFS

Q4UiFVN.png

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
Where I went to college, the average snowfall was > 200 inches per year and the only time I recall classes ever being cancelled, was the day a huge storm hit the day before the holiday break ended. Probably 70% of the students couldn't make it back from break so they basically had no choice but to cancel.

I always get a kick out of the "northerners" who laugh at how things get shut down in this area when there is just a couple of inches of snow. Try having no snow tires (or even all-season), 2 plows, few sand/salt trucks, etc..up north and see how well things go in a snowfall.

Man I don't miss that one bit.

Exactly. Where I live in Canada it is -30C (-22F) this morning and lots of snow. However we are built for this weather and get it for 6 months out of year. Southern states don't have the experience or equipment to deal with snow and that type of weather.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
I'm 2 hours east of Raleigh and it is an absolute **** show around here when it snows. I tend to stay at home, the roads get too dangerous for me with the amount of people out joy riding that aren't used to the snow/ice. I definitely don't drive anywhere when the sun goes down, the roads turn into ice rinks. I used to work at a grocery store and you'd think it was announced that French toast was good for your health. The bread, egg, and milk shelves were always bare.

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh

LOL. You might want to go now. I hear the grocery stores are packed already. Some stores are already out of water and the bread is getting sparse.

I grew up in Ohio and I believe they cancelled school once. You could hear the snow plows going down the street every 2 hours. They just don't have the manpower or equipment to do that here. Shoot, here, they only have enough to do the major roads. I've never lived in a neighborhood here that got plowed. I also stay home cause of the stupid, ignorant northerners who think you can drive on ice.

I'll tune in for the game but will also be flipping back and forth between Canes and the WJC. Go Canes!!! Go Team USA!!!

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I like those lines except the 3rd. That one really feels like "here's 3 random guys who didn't fit anywhere else".

Yeah, I think it's Ryan that kind of makes it that. McGinn has been with Staal now for a few games now, so that pairing makes sense, plus I think his game meshes with Staal. Ryan though is kind of like, "well, we can't put him on the 4th line, we don't want to mess with the 2nd line so let's put him there."

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I like those lines except the 3rd. That one really feels like "here's 3 random guys who didn't fit anywhere else".

weirdly enough mcginn is the chemistry center of that line, working well with staal right now, and has history playing well with ryan

not that hes the best or most important player by any stretch, but i wouldnt say completely random

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad