Injury Report: Carson Wentz - Foot Injury

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
Indianapolis Colts quarterback Carson Wentz is out indefinitely as he undergoes further testing for a foot injury that he suffered at the end of Thursday's practice, sources told ESPN.

Wentz felt a "twinge in his foot" when he rolled out and planted to throw late in the practice.

"He's with the docs, trying to figure what out the process is," said offensive coordinator Marcus Brady on Friday, speaking to the media in place of coach Frank Reich (COVID-19). "Still evaluating what the next move is, how bad it is. Then we'll go from there."

restricted-content

Can't catch a break it seems.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
If its long-term it likely screws over Philly, they were probably counting on that conditional first to have serious trade ammo in case Hurts falters. They still will have crazy draft capital.

Reactions: ecemleafs

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
If its long-term it likely screws over Philly, they were probably counting on that conditional first to have serious trade ammo in case Hurts falters. They still will have crazy draft capital.
If Hurts faulters they'll probably be bad enough to pick Howell or Rattler, to be honest. That roster is atrocious and poor QB play would probably earn it a top 3 pick.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
If Hurts faulters they'll probably be bad enough to pick Howell or Rattler, to be honest. That roster is atrocious and poor QB play would probably earn it a top 3 pick.
Fair, seemed both Philly and Detroit were stalking themselves with ammo to move up if they are in the 5-10 range. If the NFC East is anything like last year, the teams may cannibalize each other out of the top 3 to 5 draft picks with how bad Houston and the Lions look in stronger divisions.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Rattler has turned himself into a legit QB prospect?

That's interesting.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
It’s too bad really. I know the extent of the injury isn’t know yet but Wentz has not really half the chance to settle in in the league. I thought he was going to be really good. I guess he still could but…

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It’s too bad really. I know the extent of the injury isn’t know yet but Wentz has not really half the chance to settle in in the league. I thought he was going to be really good. I guess he still could but…
Never surprised to see guys get hurt early in camp. You train for weeks and months to be ready for this week and within the first 2 days of camp guys are injured/hurt.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Fair, seemed both Philly and Detroit were stalking themselves with ammo to move up if they are in the 5-10 range. If the NFC East is anything like last year, the teams may cannibalize each other out of the top 3 to 5 draft picks with how bad Houston and the Lions look in stronger divisions.
The Eagles are a tier below the rest of the East. Washington should be better by virtue of a way more stable QB situation and Dallas should be better as long as Dak is playing. Giants should be better but by much is to be seen.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The Eagles are a tier below the rest of the East. Washington should be better by virtue of a way more stable QB situation and Dallas should be better as long as Dak is playing. Giants should be better but by much is to be seen.
Fair enough. I cheered for the worst team in the NFL for years, I just don't view you guys as a lock for Rattler.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I wouldn’t sell the Eagles that short. They still have upper-tier offensive and defensive lines, those guys staying healthy was a problem last year. In a weak division, they can stay in it. Saying that after seeing what was coming with them last year.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

The terms of the conditional 2nd round pick are:

Wentz plays 75% of the offensive snaps
OR
Wentz plays 70% of the offensive snaps and the Colts make the playoffs

We are basically 6 weeks away from kickoff to the regular season. 5-12 weeks is a huge range for when he can return. Usually you don't see more than a 4 week range for recovery. Best case, he's back for game 1, worst case he missed about 1/3 of the season which would eliminate the chance of that conditional pick being a first rounder.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Watch Nelson make it back weeks before Wentz does and feed the anti-Wentz narrative even more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad