Carson Twarynski appreciation thread

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'd like to see him have a 20 goal season just to see all the posts slamming Fletcher for allowing a prospect to leave.

Twarynski is young enough to still have a NHL career, got brought up too soon due to injuries, asked to play the wrong side as a rookie, what could go wrong? Probably could use a full AHL season to work on his offensive skills, he's not a bad skater, he likes to hit, but has to rediscover that CHL scoring touch to have a NHL future.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The most shocking thing to me is that he isn't already an established scorer.

He had that great preseason and, as we all know, preseason/camp is a perfect sample to evaluate players and make decisions.

I mean, how often do guys do well in preseason and then NOT become stars? Gotta be super rare, right? Like 1 in 1,000,000?

Crazy stuff.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I'd like to see him have a 20 goal season just to see all the posts slamming Fletcher for allowing a prospect to leave.

Twarynski is young enough to still have a NHL career, got brought up too soon due to injuries, asked to play the wrong side as a rookie, what could go wrong? Probably could use a full AHL season to work on his offensive skills, he's not a bad skater, he likes to hit, but has to rediscover that CHL scoring touch to have a NHL future.

I think there’d be reactions of disbelief at that sort of breakout. Can’t really fault Fletcher for not predicting the extremely unlikely.

The outrage will be about the details of the side deal prompting Twarynski’s selection

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013

That season will probably be two years from now.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
That season will probably be two years from now.

Playing for Seattle may be equivalent to the AHL.

If Seattle didn't want to take on money, Twarynski or Bunnaman were the best choices.
With Braun, you're gambling he'll play well enough to garner something at the TDL.
With Hagg, if he plays well, you have to negotiate a RFA deal next year probably north of $2M, if he doesn't play well, wasted pick.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Playing for Seattle may be equivalent to the AHL.

If Seattle didn't want to take on money, Twarynski or Bunnaman were the best choices.
With Braun, you're gambling he'll play well enough to garner something at the TDL.
With Hagg, if he plays well, you have to negotiate a RFA deal next year probably north of $2M, if he doesn't play well, wasted pick.

So... you take the AHL player over Braun or Hagg? I mean that's not a ringing endorsement. Hagg or Braun could have trade value, I don't foresee a guy washing out in a few years as having any.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So... you take the AHL player over Braun or Hagg? I mean that's not a ringing endorsement. Hagg or Braun could have trade value, I don't foresee a guy washing out in a few years as having any.

Seattle took 30 players and may end up with more with post-ED deals.
So a contract that is easily buried in the AHL has additional value in terms of roster flexibility.
That may well be their plan, bury him in the AHL so you have some organizational depth, but no cost to the cap. At worst he's a body, at best you get lucky and he surprises.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
One day he'll be the next VandeVelde, you'll all see!

And you wont be laughing then when Philly signs him as a free agent to a 5y 3m contract in a few years and hes playing middle 6 minutes

*Runs crying and screaming out of room*
Haha I am imagining it took you this long to post about it because you had to go through the "forgot my password" process

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
UnlawfulHeartyChanticleer-size_restricted.gif

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Where were you when Carson scored his 1 lifetime goal? And where were you when he was picked? And were you still awake watching that travesty?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I believe at the 2020 Flyers Wives Carinval he bumped into me and did not say sorry (it may have been Connor Bunnaman my recollection is a bit fuzzy). I will never forgive him for that. Happy trails, Connor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad