Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Source: I actually played hockey. I know how much it hurts to get a cheap two handed slash.

Since it's now legal to do, I hope every single Canucks player does it to McDavid next game. I'm not suggesting violence or injury. It's apparently a completely legal thing to do.
source : if you are implying a slash to the pants, the same pants you block 100mph slap shots with hurts then i question the validity of your source

• Haha
Reactions: Red

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
To follow the terms of service I fully disagree

If you want a true opinion I actually think Zadorovs push in the back was worse then Soucy. Soucy was going for the chest and unfortunately McDavid was shoved down and he got hit in the face.

Hyman clearly is going for the head.
Hyman also didn't use force and cross checked.. he skated into zadorov with his stick high.. there was no vicious pushing action/shove.
Also it wasn't a push in the back.. it was a vicious cross check to lower back attempting to cause damage to spine.
Soucy was more of an accident.. he actually held back and seemed worried about McDavid after getting him in the face.
Zadorovs cross check was an intent to cause a bruise to spine.

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
Yeah, this was worse than what happened to Adam Johnson.
i wouldnt go that far man......

clearly the sarcasm is flying over this.

no one should be suspended, toss out a few fines, let the fans make gofundmes for it and we go back and battle game 4

ZZZZZZZ

Jan 25, 2007
Paradise!
Well it's not like they were going to suspend the diva for his slash anyway but a healthy $50k fine would send a message....but getting nothing is a joke. :(

Reactions: Red

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
In a vacuum, one game is fair. In the context of the rest of these playoffs it’s laughable.

This wouldn’t have even made the highlights if it wasn’t McDavid. Parros needs to be removed.
I agree with the first point. Don't agree with the second one as it's quite an egregious crosscheck to the face.

If that's garland or Lindholm being crosschecked dead in the chops whoever is commiting the infraction is likely getting suspended regardless of what leads up to it. It also happens after the game is over. Rielly got 5 games for a crosscheck which was just as vicious. It's only the homer Canuck fans that think it wasn't deserving of at least a game.

• Haha
Reactions: Ace of Hades

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I'm gonna just self declare myself a baby now and give myself a timeout..
No discussion here would benefit anyone since everyone has Homer glasses on.

Bye for now..

• Haha
Reactions: PROUD PAPA

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
i wouldnt go that far man......

clearly the sarcasm is flying over this.

no one should be suspended, toss out a few fines, let the fans make gofundmes for it and we go back and battle game 4

I agree with you, but when there's folks who are earnestly saying McDavid's neck was 'almost broken' it's hard to discern what's being serious and what's not.

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
I agree with you, but when there's folks who are earnestly saying McDavid's neck was 'almost broken' it's hard to discern what's being serious and what's not.
totally fair, it is kind of funny how extreme both sides get. its like kindergarten "but this happened and this happened first" i think mcdavid said it the best, its playoff hockey lets just play

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
All the more incentive for players to focus on taking another W in Edmonton so that Soucy can come back to put the nail in the coffin.

Reactions: thefutures

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
So let me get this straight :
  • McDavid two-hander after the whistle which started the whole scrum : no discipline.
  • Zadorov cross-check to McDavid’s back in response to the two-hander : FINE
  • Soucy cross-check to McDavid in response to the two-hander which should have been mitigated by the fact that the intent was to the chest and McDavid had a late downward movement due to the Zadorov hit, and that there was no injury : SUSPENSION
  • Hyman cross-check to Zadorov’s face which caused an actual injury (blood/cut/stitches) and was actually intended for the face/head : no discipline.
Checks out! Seems totally fair.

Basically this whole thing is a ‘don’t touch McBaby’ deal. What a joke.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Honestly, of the two guys, I feel like Zadorov’s crosscheck was more vicious and intentional than Soucy clipping McDavid’s chin. I’d have given Z the harsher punishment.

This seems like a reaction to the optics of the best player in the league getting a stick in the face, rather than thorough investigation of what happened.

Ah well.

Reactions: Hierso

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I like how Vancouver fans didn’t even notice Hymans play until Tochett mentioned it - same goes for the other fans.

If you think what happened to mcdavid is okay and you would not want the same suspension if it happened to your best player you are lying. Don’t get me started on the “baseball” swing. You want to see a slash? Take a look at Pietro last year.

Sucks for Soucy, because it was actually Zadorov coming in with the gutless check from behind that caused the whole thing, but oh well

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
So let me get this straight :
  • McDavid two-hander after the whistle which started the whole scrum : no discipline.
  • Zadorov cross-check to McDavid’s back in response to the two-hander : FINE
  • Soucy cross-check to McDavid in response to the two-hander which should have been mitigated by the fact that the intent was to the chest and McDavid had a late downward movement due to the Zadorov hit, and that there was no injury : SUSPENSION
  • Hyman cross-check to Zadorov’s face which caused an actual injury (blood/cut/stitches) and was actually intended for the face/head : no discipline.
Checks out! Seems totally fair.

Basically this whole thing is a ‘don’t touch McBaby’ deal. What a joke.
Nailed it

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Jesus, Canuck fans have reall anger issues I’m starting to learn.i don’t see how they can have a problem with it being just a game.

Reactions: BurnabyJoe7

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
totally fair, it is kind of funny how extreme both sides get. its like kindergarten "but this happened and this happened first" i think mcdavid said it the best, its playoff hockey lets just play

Banter is fun when tempered with actual discussion. Wish more people understood that, ahaha.

Reactions: dukeofjive

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Hyman also didn't use force and cross checked.. he skated into zadorov with his stick high.. there was no vicious pushing action/shove.
Also it wasn't a push in the back.. it was a vicious cross check to lower back attempting to cause damage to spine.
Soucy was more of an accident.. he actually held back and seemed worried about McDavid after getting him in the face.
Zadorovs cross check was an intent to cause a bruise to spine.
Yea just a light headshot with the stick up high to hit Zadorov with. Definitely no similarities.

Reactions: Ace of Hades
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad