Proposal: Carolina_New York Rangers

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Would think it would be straight up. Also I doubt Murphy breaks the lineup. I'd rather the Rangers went for a guy like Brendan Smith.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
If AV doesn't play Clendening (who is just as good, if not better, in my opinion), I don't see how Murphy would make the lineup either.

With that being the case, I'd rather just keep Lindberg for the forward depth in the event that we need him again because of the nagging injuries to Kreider and Buchnevich.

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
If AV doesn't play Clendening (who is just as good, if not better, in my opinion), I don't see how Murphy would make the lineup either.

With that being the case, I'd rather just keep Lindberg for the forward depth in the event that we need him again because of the nagging injuries to Kreider and Buchnevich.

I figure this would be a move that there would be something else happening.

Lindberg at this point seems more likely to be a 14th forward than 13th guy. Jooris and Buchnevich coming back, and Nieves (who looked much better than Lindberg has all year), there will probably be a trade involving an NYR defenseman (Staal most likely candidate).

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I figure this would be a move that there would be something else happening.

Lindberg at this point seems more likely to be a 14th forward than 13th guy. Jooris and Buchnevich coming back, and Nieves (who looked much better than Lindberg has all year), there will probably be a trade involving an NYR defenseman (Staal most likely candidate).

IMHO rushing to judgement re Lindberg, late start as returning from surgery and hasn't gotten consistent ice yet.
yeah the consecutive penalties on tuesday were annoying.

but as noted above, F depth will be key,
NYR are due for increased man-games lost to injury, they've been way luckier than many other teams the last ~4 years,
just on tuesday 3 guys limped off after blocks, and Miller took a hard slash to the hand. Wont be able to just shake of every injury.
And these back/neck things w Buch and Kreids should encourage keeping depth

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
IMHO rushing to judgement re Lindberg, late start as returning from surgery and hasn't gotten consistent ice yet.
yeah the consecutive penalties on tuesday were annoying.

but as noted above, F depth will be key,
NYR are due for increased man-games lost to injury, they've been way luckier than many other teams the last ~4 years,
just on tuesday 3 guys limped off after blocks, and Miller took a hard slash to the hand. Wont be able to just shake of every injury.
And these back/neck things w Buch and Kreids should encourage keeping depth

Maybe so, but at the end of the day he is still sitting at #5 on the C depth chart regardless, and Boo Nieves is projected to be a better player.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Maybe so, but at the end of the day he is still sitting at #5 on the C depth chart regardless, and Boo Nieves is projected to be a better player.

actually, no evidence 24 is behind Jooris,
or anyone else as 4C (and i am a Jooris fan)

Oscar's 2d AHL year was much better than his first
his 1st NHL season of 13-15-28, +12 was darn good for a non-star,
and slowed by the hips

and no reason not to give Nieves a full AHL year

I'd rather move Jensen than Oscar

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
actually, no evidence 24 is behind Jooris,
or anyone else as 4C (and i am a Jooris fan)

Oscar's 2d AHL year was much better than his first
his 1st NHL season of 13-15-28, +12 was darn good for a non-star,
and slowed by the hips

and no reason not to give Nieves a full AHL year

I'd rather move Jensen than Oscar

Jooris is absolutely ahead of Lindberg currently in the depth. If Lindberg never had hip surgery who knows.

I agree with giving Nieves a full-half year in the AHL.

Lindberg had A TON of scoring early in the season last year.

If Jensen could obtain Murphy, sure I'd rather do that, no argument there whatsoever.

I do believe that looking at dealing Lindberg would not be a bad idea though, maybe packaged in another deal for a better quality defenseman.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Zib + Pirri + Ranger 2017 1st
for
Hanifin + Murphy + 2017 Canes, Rangers 2nds

that's 40 + goals estimated offense, including a legit cornerstone piece, 6OA, on par with Hanifin, who would hurt, but is surplus
Murphy is speed and skill but soft, so is a throw in
Canes upgrade to 1st

Car can afford to move the ELC D, where at backline they are stacked and remain in good shape for the draft.
They add Fs and there is room to protect these guys

Rangers get a guy to add to LD who is exp exempt, creates flexibilkty for more deals

this is THE deal for the 2 clubs

Doriva

May 6, 2015
Middlesbrough, UK

You literally ruin HFboards for me, every single ranger thread we have these long drawn out delusional ramblings. Neither team likes this deal it's been make clear multiple teams yet you still spam this garbage and shove it down peoples throats as if we should accept your opinions as facts, please take a step back and have a look at what you post.

As for the OP, I wouldn't go for it as others have pointed out AV most likely would still play Holden and Girardi on the right side over almost anybody we acquire.

Last edited:

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Wouldn't be a rangers canes trade thread without a ridiculous bernmeister proposal. Always guaranteed to have nothing to do with the original proposal, include multiple players and picks and please neither fan base.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I literally just entered North Carolina. I heard the collective groan.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Zib + Pirri + Ranger 2017 1st
for
Hanifin + Murphy + 2017 Canes, Rangers 2nds

that's 40 + goals estimated offense, including a legit cornerstone piece, 6OA, on par with Hanifin, who would hurt, but is surplus
Murphy is speed and skill but soft, so is a throw in
Canes upgrade to 1st

Car can afford to move the ELC D, where at backline they are stacked and remain in good shape for the draft.
They add Fs and there is room to protect these guys

Rangers get a guy to add to LD who is exp exempt, creates flexibilkty for more deals

Only in your mind is this THE deal.

It's awful

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You literally ruin HFboards for me, every single ranger thread we have these long drawn out delusional ramblings. Neither team likes this deal it's been make clear multiple teams yet you still spam this garbage and shove it down peoples throats as if we should accept your opinions as facts, please take a step back and have a look at what you post.

As for the OP, I wouldn't go for it as others have pointed out AV most likely would still play Holden and Girardi on the right side over almost anybody we acquire.

Wouldn't be a rangers canes trade thread without a ridiculous bernmeister proposal. Always guaranteed to have nothing to do with the original proposal, include multiple players and picks and please neither fan base.

I literally just entered North Carolina. I heard the collective groan.

Only in your mind is this THE deal.

It's awful

The general topic between these 2 clubs and not limited to a specific trade such as OP proposed, pls feel free to comment here, or if nec, we can move this to a new thread.

as to your comments, pls feel free to enlighten me.

My position remains:
I acknowledge Hanifin may not be available at any price, or virtually that (McDavid, etc. return).

That aside, if we presuppose he is available for fair value or a reasonable overpayment, I would say this is at least fair value.

Hanifin 1D - Zib 1C are both top positions, not Ws, and if anything Zib is a righty, Hani a lefty, so splitting hairs, win to Canes
Pirri worth more than Murphy
1st worth more than 2 2nds

only thing not = in NY favor is that Hanifin is ELC. Thus overpayment made.
Whether or not that is enough, is another thing.

They may want to see how high we will go, and we would have to respond to what their demands are and there would or would not be further negotiation

but I think they at least seriously consider it
they could use zib, already are way deep at D, and 2 reasonable Fs showing scoring ability would be taken at the right price, no doubt

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
The general topic between these 2 clubs and not limited to a specific trade such as OP proposed, pls feel free to comment here, or if nec, we can move this to a new thread.

as to your comments, pls feel free to enlighten me.

My position remains:
I acknowledge Hanifin may not be available at any price, or virtually that (McDavid, etc. return).

That aside, if we presuppose he is available for fair value or a reasonable overpayment, I would say this is at least fair value.

Hanifin 1D - Zib 1C are both top positions, not Ws, and if anything Zib is a righty, Hani a lefty, so splitting hairs, win to Canes
Pirri worth more than Murphy
1st worth more than 2 2nds

only thing not = in NY favor is that Hanifin is ELC. Thus overpayment made.
Whether or not that is enough, is another thing.

They may want to see how high we will go, and we would have to respond to what their demands are and there would or would not be further negotiation

but I think they at least seriously consider it
they could use zib, already are way deep at D, and 2 reasonable Fs showing scoring ability would be taken at the right price, no doubt

It's an awful deal for the Rangers. We give up way too much for Hanifin. Murphy is essentially a bust, Zibanejad basically becomes their #1 center and we lose a 1st and Pirri who has been good for us for Hanifin and a couple of 2nd rounders.

Makes no sense for the Rangers other than you wanting young defense talent on ELC's.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
It's an awful deal for the Rangers. We give up way too much for Hanifin. Murphy is essentially a bust, Zibanejad basically becomes their #1 center and we lose a 1st and Pirri who has been good for us for Hanifin and a couple of 2nd rounders.

Makes no sense for the Rangers other than you wanting young defense talent on ELC's.

Bad for the Canes as well. Zibanejad is not a significant 1C upgrade to Rask, Pirri has little value to the Canes, and a late 1st is fairly meaningless. Canes are happy to keep and develop Hanifin who is looking like a future 1D

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

thank you
as I stated I believed Rangers overpay, but I think Hanifin is high enough upside, and his elc allows you to control more assets going forward that you do it.

Consider it an honest difference of opinion.

Also, consider a possible follow up:
McD with substantive add for MacKinnon, also a righty,

you can do that more readily w/Hanifin to replace McD

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Bad for the Canes as well. Zibanejad is not a significant 1C upgrade to Rask, Pirri has little value to the Canes, and a late 1st is fairly meaningless. Canes are happy to keep and develop Hanifin who is looking like a future 1D

You are entitled to keep Hanifin
that said, back to the merits,

the issue is not if Zib is significant 1C upgrade, but rather that you are adding a premium C who can also be first line RW.

Accordingly, are you planning to keep the rest of the Fs and move Rask if this deal goes through? Or do you keep both and push everybody down?

As to Pirri, this guy is not the all tool stud advertisement for most complete player, but he clearly has a record of putting the puck in the net. He is a mil +, he will want and deserve a raise, but you get first crack at extending him. Obviously, this is not an exact science, but let's say he nets a min of 20g, not unreasonable given his start. You can't use a guy like that? For a guy who has speed and hands but maybe creampuff soft?

Based on your comments vs the facts, I think you view Hanifin to have greater upside/potential and would rather keep

But I don't believe CAR is shortchanged here.

Would esp. appreciate more Canes fans in particular speaking as to value of the offer
thanks.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
How many times do you need to post this exact same crap proposal and be told it's awful before you stop?

It is not a crap proposal

apparently a vocal core of NYR fans don't want to do the overpay

apparently Canes prefer to keep Hanifin

does not mean the value is unfair, just not preferential, and I was hoping to hear more details, more analysis, more objectivity

you are entitled to your opinion but when subjective, and not objective, you are not contributing to a constructive dialogue by rudely attempting to suppress the search for understanding

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
It is not a crap proposal

apparently a vocal core of NYR fans don't want to do the overpay

apparently Canes prefer to keep Hanifin

does not mean the value is unfair, just not preferential, and I was hoping to hear more details, more analysis, more objectivity

you are entitled to your opinion but when subjective, and not objective, you are not contributing to a constructive dialogue by rudely attempting to suppress the search for understanding

Have you ever received any sort of positive, receptive response from either team's fanbase with your completely outlandish and overly complicated proposals for Pesce or Hanifin?

If so, I've certainly never seen it. You keep posting the same crap. Other posters tell you it's crap for either team...over and over again. I'd say it's pretty safe to classify your proposal in this thread as complete and utter crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad