GDT: Carolina @ Tampa Bay 4 PM EDT USAN

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I missed the goal so just watched the replay a few times.

Hamilton broke up a cross ice play and the puck popped to Svechnikov. Svech failed to pick it up and clear it.

If you want to say Hamilton didn’t make a good play, fine. But it’s not because he was soft on the puck, if anything it was too firm a deflection/pass to Svech.

Agreed - the hate is bordering on the redneck in Section 305 back in the day that always loudly blamed “Pikinin” for everything, even when Joni Pitkanen wasn’t on the ice.
He rushed the play and made a bad pass when he could have cleared. The puck was behind svech.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Agreed - the hate is bordering on the redneck in Section 305 back in the day that always loudly blamed “Pikinin” for everything, even when Joni Pitkanen wasn’t on the ice.

It's emotionally easy to find one person and blame all the fault on them. If it weren't Hamilton I'd think Rod would be in the firing line, "his style doesn't work in the playoffs" or whatever such nonsense.

Hockey is a game of breaks, you can't score on command, you can only generate chances/zone time (generate "x") that may or may not turn into goals. Over 82 games this generally skews toward favoring those teams that are better at generating X, but not always. But in short series it can get a bit wonky. The Hurricanes outplayed the Lightning in game 1 and lost: vice versa for Tampa in Game 3.

Anyway, Hamilton is the goat now, so when he is at all involved in a goal against the psychological distress is immediately transferred to him, whether or not it makes perfect sense, some sense, or no sense whatsoever. And it's led to some hilariously bad hockey takes interspersed with perfectly reasonable ones.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
As an invited Guest, I’d just like to say that I understand that it’s a nervous, tense time.

Just a friendly reminder/suggestion that the real foe is Tampa, not each other here. Please be kind to each other and let’s direct our negative feelings towards the foe.

I hope I haven’t overstepped, I just enjoy visiting here so much & it bothers me when I see some of you take swipes at one another. To be honest, it’s very rare compared to every other Board I visit, and that’s something I think you folks should be very proud of:), imho

Now some intermission memes…
C311FF8D-4471-46BC-BAD8-B49DB45033BC.jpeg

9D9CC382-810F-4B16-B029-AEF953A7BB86.jpeg

AC64F960-DEE1-4D1C-B1DB-3BA516E3A94B.jpeg

62C9A7A7-CA8F-4EC1-916C-C7AD61DEB002.jpeg

C21C9F9D-B74D-48D7-8AD1-ABFD3A11DE24.jpeg

47D0706A-423D-495D-93E8-F7A49DB1CF1B.jpeg

4F6EEFD5-7843-48FD-8E35-16C6CD727A01.jpeg

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Sorry my mistake. The play I was referring to was leading to the goal. I don't believe they were on the PP.
No it was the same play, I shouldn’t have said pp, I was running in and out of the room when it happened and thought it was on the pp. I rewatched it from about ten seconds before the goal. If he was soft on an entry or something I missed it. I read your post, watched the play that led up to it and assumed you meant the cross pass. It wasn’t a pp.

Reactions: Tryamw

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
As an invited Guest, I’d just like to say that I understand that it’s a nervous, tense time.

Just a friendly reminder/suggestion that the real foe is Tampa, not each other here. Please be kind to each other and let’s direct our negative feelings towards the foe.

I hope I haven’t overstepped, I just enjoy visiting here so much & it bothers me when I see some of you take swipes at one another. To be honest, it’s very rare compared to every other Board I visit, and that’s something I think you folks should be very proud of:), imho

Now some intermission memes…
View attachment 443669

View attachment 443670

View attachment 443671

View attachment 443672

View attachment 443673

View attachment 443674

View attachment 443676
While I appreciate the thought, summer around here is a bloodbath and everyone needs to get armed and prepared. Battle sides are being drawn and Hamilton will likely only be the opening skirmish. You should seek shelter.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2