Confirmed with Link: Carolina re-sign Haydn Fleury - 1 year, $850k

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Fun fact about Haydn Fleury: Among all 681 NHLers that played more than 240 5v5 minutes, Fleury ranks #1 in High Danger Chances For % at 68.3% (71 HDCF vs. 33 HDCA). #2 in the NHL for HDCF% is Dominic Simon with a 64% HDCF%.

With a mean of 50% and a standard deviation of 5.43% Haydn Fleury is nearly one full standard deviation higher than the #2 ranked NHLer in HDCF%.

Not enough data to make any meaningful conclusion but it is hopeful. Fleury does a good job of both limiting high danger chances against as well as being on the ice when high danger chances are generated.
But he hasn't scored a goal in the NHL!!1!!!11!!!

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Saku was an okay role player, but if he gets pushed down, or pushed out, that means we're a better team for it. He was fine, but nothing to lose sleep over if he's not on the team. People kept penciling in Nordstrom and Nestrasil to Staal's line the summer after their 20 game run that one year. I kept saying we wouldn't be a good team until those guys were pushed down to the 4th line or extra forwards at best. We're finally at that point, and it's everything I hoped it could be.

Agree and disagree specifically on Maenalanen. He has underrated offensive upside, but mostly, he brought the jam the team desperately needed. He's much more skilled than a typical 4th liner and plays responsible defense. He's got good wheels for a big guy too.

Where I agree is it is a good problem to have. I liked when Roddy rotated his 4th line game in and game out...it kept guys fresh and bred even more in season, internal competition.

Fumble

Mar 22, 2006
Fun fact about Haydn Fleury: Among all 681 NHLers that played more than 240 5v5 minutes, Fleury ranks #1 in High Danger Chances For % at 68.3% (71 HDCF vs. 33 HDCA). #2 in the NHL for HDCF% is Dominic Simon with a 64% HDCF%.

With a mean of 50% and a standard deviation of 5.43% Haydn Fleury is nearly one full standard deviation higher than the #2 ranked NHLer in HDCF%.

Not enough data to make any meaningful conclusion but it is hopeful. Fleury does a good job of both limiting high danger chances against as well as being on the ice when high danger chances are generated.
What??
My cat's breath smells like cat food

Reactions: Unsustainable

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Still big fan of Haydn. He will be fine.
Same. He'll probably never live up to his top 10 overall billing but I am still a fan of his game. It was also pretty cool to see how well he played in the Calder Cup playoffs after being sent back down. I would not be surprised to see him become another CdH type d-man if he ever gains Rod's trust.

Johniac

Jul 18, 2011
North Carolina

So he screws up which leads to a high danger shot and then he recovers and almost always blocks that high danger shot?

Reactions: Unsustainable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad