Saw the teams.

Rinne
Trenin

For

Reimer
Niederreiter
Mattheos

?
I would take Niederreiter at about $3.5M if it was just about trying to shed salary. Even with 2 years on his deal, he represents a style of play - if he can rebound a bit - that our team could use.

But I still wouldn't give up anything for him. And I don't see what use we'd have for Reimer or Mattheos. Rinne is due to retire as a lifetime Pred and have his number hoisted to the rafters, he won't be traded. I don't know how much offensive upside Trenin has, but he showed he's ready for regular NHL duty, and I think our team needs some of that size and physicality in a young player, even if he can't ultimately score much. We aren't going to trade those players for Nino.

So my counter-offer on this would be like a conditional 7th for Nino at $3.5M. Say if Nino scores at a 20-goal/82-game pace, Carolina gets the 7th rounder.

Reactions: Scoresberg

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Carolina trades Jake Gardiner and Ryan Dzingel for prospect Phillip Tomasino and a 2nd round pick in 2022.

This would totally be a cap dump for the Hurricanes as it would free up around 7.4 million which would allow the Canes to sign Vatanen and possibly Granlund or Hoffman and the Predators pick up a defenseman they appear to need and a winger who has put up points in the past and still leave them with around 5 million in cap space for future moves.

There's bad trade proposals and then there's whatever the hell this is.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Regardless of this terrible proposal, just don’t see Nashville and Carolina as good trading partners. They’re built very similar. Other than Dzingel to Nashville for something super small as a change of scenery trade I don’t see a fit at all.

Reactions: MinJaBen and Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad