Proposal: Carolina - Nashville

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Carolina trades Jake Gardiner and Ryan Dzingel for prospect Phillip Tomasino and a 2nd round pick in 2022.

This would totally be a cap dump for the Hurricanes as it would free up around 7.4 million which would allow the Canes to sign Vatanen and possibly Granlund or Hoffman and the Predators pick up a defenseman they appear to need and a winger who has put up points in the past and still leave them with around 5 million in cap space for future moves.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Canes fan here to apologize for this proposal...no way it works for Nashville I'm sure unless we're taking some cap back. Otherwise we're probably looking at a low draft pick or meh prospect in exchange for cap savings. No way in hell we get either the recent 1st round pick OR a 2nd.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Canes fan here to apologize for this proposal...no way it works for Nashville I'm sure unless we're taking some cap back. Otherwise we're probably looking at a low draft pick or meh prospect in exchange for cap savings. No way in hell we get either the recent 1st round pick OR a 2nd.
Ok I have no problem with a lessor prospect or pick. My question is is this a proposal that could be worked out for both teams.
Negotiations are always good have

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I don’t believe Nashville is in a position to be trading away good prospects or high picks for cap dumps in a flat cap environment.

Nashville could potentially sign Hoffman and still have to resign RW Kunin so they have a full roster with Tolvanen and Trenin on the verge of cracking the lineup so Dzingel would be dead weight on the scratched list and Gardiner probably wouldn’t crack Nashville’s top 6 as Nashville looks to prefer stay at home defensemen on their 3rd pair with Borowiecki, Benning and Tinordi coming in cheaper combined then Gardiner.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
I don’t believe Nashville is in a position to be trading away good prospects or high picks for cap dumps in a flat cap environment.

Nashville could potentially sign Hoffman and still have to resign RW Kunin so they have a full roster with Tolvanen and Trenin on the verge of cracking the lineup so Dzingel would be dead weight on the scratched list and Gardiner probably wouldn’t crack Nashville’s top 6 as Nashville looks to prefer stay at home defensemen on their 3rd pair with Borowiecki, Benning and Tinordi coming in cheaper combined then Gardiner.
Thanks for an honest reply. The flat cap was the reason I went for a 2022 pick instead of a 2021. Again thanks for the response

Reactions: RG3hockey

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Why would you not?
Many reasons. 1 we’re getting back an asset we don’t need in Jake Gardiner while trading our best forward prospect in our system. Not only that but we also get to happily throw in a 2nd for a guy who had a big drop off season after his lone good season. I think David Poile would laugh so hard and his constant wheezing would cause him to have a heart attack. Then he would sue the Hurricanes for making him laugh too hard at this proposal.

This is like if we offered Matt Benning, and Colton Sissons for Ryan Suzuki and a 2nd. Hell, you might as well throw in Svechnikov in there too it’s just a cap dump for us.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
All I ever hear on this board is ‘Team X is gonna have to give up 1sts to dump their guys’.... yet Carolina is gonna get to dump their trash AND get assets back?

dzingel, maybe I see a team giving a mid to low pick. He’s only 1yr and not ‘overpaid’ but there are cheaper options still out there. Gardener will need to have something attached

there are better uses for Nashville’s weaponized cap space should they go that route.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Carolina trades Jake Gardiner and Ryan Dzingel for prospect Phillip Tomasino and a 2nd round pick in 2022.

This would totally be a cap dump for the Hurricanes as it would free up around 7.4 million which would allow the Canes to sign Vatanen and possibly Granlund or Hoffman and the Predators pick up a defenseman they appear to need and a winger who has put up points in the past and still leave them with around 5 million in cap space for future moves.

Nashville clearly adds. I mean, we are talking about Dzingel here.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Ok I have no problem with a lessor prospect or pick. My question is is this a proposal that could be worked out for both teams.
Negotiations are always good have

The negotiations would be: CAR adds a 1st rd pick in order to dump salary and doesn't get back anything in the realm of Tomasino.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

Cap dumps don't work this way. You want to free up money to sign a player? You give us assets to take the money you don't want, not the other way around.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Wow, a Nashville proposal a lot of people crap on that I didn't make

Defensively, the Preds depth chart is sound. Dzingle is a massive disappointment. I'd rather have Mk. Granlund.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad