GDT: Carolina Hurricanes vs Montreal Canadiens- 12/16/14 7:30pm EST SNE,RDS (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I like how everyone is talking about what a mess the Oilers are but there is 0 mention of the Canes...

Honestly, I looked at the lineup they have for tonight and I'm not sure they would beat some AHL teams.

No excuse to lose to the Hurricanes tonight.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Honestly, I looked at the lineup they have for tonight and I'm not sure they would beat some AHL teams.

No excuse to lose to the Hurricanes tonight.

Woah I didn't realize they were that bad.

Their D core is not terribly bad though.

Pricef*

Carolina will out corsi the Habs yet the Habs will somehow win handily due to the statistically insignificant qualities of creating better scoring chances, having better finishers and superior goaltending.

Yeah but none of those things matter!! The ONLY thing that means anything are corsi stats!!:help:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah but none of those things matter!! The ONLY thing that means anything are corsi stats!!:help:

If you don't have the puck, if you don't create shots and have a lot of shots against you. Yes, more often than not you will lose.

Its not even debatable. Yes we have Price but every time a puck goes toward the net there's a chance of a silly deflection. This can't happen if you have the puck and are attacking.

Anyways, this should be the type of game where galchenyuk and patches get on the board.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
The funniest thing about people taking Corsi's, Fenwick's and whatnot as the be-all end-all of predicting success and failure is; Despite mediocre Corsi and Fenwick numbers, Habs, not long ago, were still a top-5 team in possession time per game. Those stats were compiled about 2 weeks ago. So yeah. There's that.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
At work today I saw an account that spent over $300,000 on Hurricanes tickets. I don't even know how that's possible.

Sounds like someone is cooking the books. You can buy season tickets, spend to your hearts content for all 41 home games and not come close to that amount.

Doesn't the US whistle blower laws ;)

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
If you don't have the puck, if you don't create shots and have a lot of shots against you. Yes, more often than not you will lose.

Its not even debatable. Yes we have Price but every time a puck goes toward the net there's a chance of a silly deflection. This can't happen if you have the puck and are attacking.

I'm glad we have corsi stats to provide us with this infinite fountain of wisdom. :sarcasm:

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
I'm glad we have corsi stats to provide us with this infinite fountain of wisdom. :sarcasm:

I definitely didn't know that possession was important, shots against are dangerous, more shots = more good, and having the puck > not having the puck until it was put into a statistic, it really helps me learn more good :dunce:

[I have no beef with advanced stats, they can be interesting, but love the serious nature of the discussion lately, too easy to poke fun at the lil Billy Beaners]

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I remember not so long ago the Canes being a very good team. Rutherford left that place a mess. With that said, any team can beat any team on any given night. Do not take this game lightly

68*

I predict one of our players will get a boarding penalty called against him because Staal is weak on his skates.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
He topples over because of his XXXL size helmet.

Gurl Please

BF7s44KCEAAy80M.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: