GDT: Carolina @ Columbus: It's a Sine Edition

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
The only thing that matters about this game was when John delivered the line " and they cluster Faulk". There is zero chance that wasn't purposefully done. Well done sir.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
If the goal is to build a team like Chicago, LA, Detroit, etc., those teams don't have Terry's Malone's, and Jordan's in their lineup.

Maybe Detroit, LA, and Chicago could lose 2 of their top forwards (Steeg and EStaal) and 2 of their top defensemen (Liles and Wiz) without exposing players of this caliber, but the other 20-some-odd teams couldn't.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
Good for Eddie. It seems like he's out of position half the time and gives up rebounds every other shot, but somehow he gets it done.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I just found out that 15 minutes can save me 15% or more on car insurance. I think I'm going to need it. I just bought a new truck and I have 3 young drivers on my policy.

For all you parents with young kids, just WAIT til they drive. So far, I have 1 totaled vehicle and another that had 3,000 worth of damage so far.

EDIT: Oh, and this truck is the first nice and new vehicle I've purchased in ages, so no, they aren't allowed to drive it. Heck, I may not even let them ride in it.

Sounds like poor parenting :sarcasm: Seriously though, thats pretty bad. Kids these days...

I mean, Lack wasn't touched. So calling it goaltender interference would have been near impossible, and even if they went by Tripp's interpretation, it was difficult to tell if he started in the crease.

Meh, he technically couldn't make a play on it with his glove within the crease. It's a good goal, but I would think by the book, it wasn't.

Noah Hanifin is turning a corner right in front of us. Even if he does look like every 90's movie jock.

That one had me giggling, nice :laugh:

Good for Eddie. It seems like he's out of position half the time and gives up rebounds every other shot, but somehow he gets it done.

He stole this one, but he had an immense amount of luck to get there.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Sounds like poor parenting :sarcasm: Seriously though, thats pretty bad. Kids these days...

Thing is, neither accident was really that bad. In the one case, he was following a bit too close to a car who suddenly slowed to turn left and he ran into the back. Even the cop recognized the person stopped real suddenly and he didn't even give my son a ticket (even though obviously, when you run into the back of someone, it's your fault). The vehicle was a 2006 and the airbags deployed so the insurance totaled it, even though it wasn't that bad. 2nd one, one of my other kids backed into something in our driveway. Again, damage wasn't terrible but the trunk lid needed replacing which drove the cost up.

This why they drive used/older vehicles though, as I expected this. Anyhow, even without tickets/accidents, get ready for sticker shock on insurance just when they get their license.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Oh yeah, I'm fully aware of how insane it gets when they hit driving age. I'm trying to get rid of my wife's mustang by any means necessary, perhaps they want to take it for a spin? :)

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
I got like 3 speeding tickets within 2 years of getting my license. Virginia is like the gestapo state. But I deserved it -- I was insane when I first got my license.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Speaking of speeding, there have been a number reports recently on the news that North Carolina is going to really crack down in the coming weeks for even being a small amount over the limit.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Noah Hanifin is turning a corner right in front of us. Even if he does look like every 90's movie jock.

a-fond-look-back-at-a-terrible-sports-movie

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Speaking of speeding, there have been a number reports recently on the news that North Carolina is going to really crack down in the coming weeks for even being a small amount over the limit.

I read that the other night and then saw a huge increase in the amount of Troopers I saw on my commute yesterday morning. Probably just as much to do with the Easter travel though. I didn't have any problems driving 7 mph over the posted limit of 55 mph.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad