GDT: Carolina @ Columbus: "BB is in a sour mood" edition

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

People like to rag on him but man I love Nicolas cage, he is so insane

People rag on him because he gets cast in roles that don't fit his acting style, and he requires good Directors for the most part. It's not that he's a bad actor, not great, but in certain roles with certain direction he can be awesome. He got famous with his quirky comedy/drama style, but you throw that into an action movie that's trying to take itself too serious and it's bad. Just my opinion of course.

Part of the fault would also be on Cage and his agent I think. He seems like he accepts anything that's offered.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
People rag on him because he gets cast in roles that don't fit his acting style, and he requires good Directors for the most part. It's not that he's a bad actor, not great, but in certain roles with certain direction he can be awesome. He got famous with his quirky comedy/drama style, but you throw that into an action movie that's trying to take itself too serious and it's bad. Just my opinion of course.

A lot of that was his own doing. His spending habits were so exorbitant that he blew through all of his money and had to take just about any role to pay off his debts. I think I recall he spent a quarter million on a dinosaur skull, bought Islands, Yachts, Lamborgini's, a couple of Castle's in Europe, numerous estate homes in the US, threw extravagant "great gatsby" type parties regularly, etc...

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
A lot of that was his own doing. His spending habits were so exorbitant that he blew through all of his money and had to take just about any role to pay off his debts. I think I recall he spent a quarter million on a dinosaur skull, bought Islands, Yachts, Lamborgini's, a couple of Castle's in Europe, numerous estate homes in the US, threw extravagant "great gatsby" type parties regularly, etc...

I remember reading about his outlandish spending habits but I didn't realize just how bad it was. He blew $150 million on a lot of weird ****. Not the yachts, islands, and castles. That's pretty cool.

http://financebuzz.io/finance-nicolas-cage-buying-spree

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

People like to rag on him but man I love Nicolas cage, he is so insane

I just watched Gone in 60 Seconds yesterday, great cast, lots of great/funny moments. Of course he hams it up and it ends up feeling like he's the only actor in the whole damn movie who doesn't get the vibe. But it's still good in its own Nick Cage way. Con Air is kinda the same way.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
The "Get in the Cage with Nicholas Cage" sketches on SNL were great. Samberg's impression wasn't very good but I think that was part of the joke. The writing on it was good until they overused the bit, like just about every other recurring SNL sketch.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
If you haven't seen the movie Joe it's one of Nicholas Cage's better performances lately. Solid all around movie too.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I remember reading about his outlandish spending habits but I didn't realize just how bad it was. He blew $150 million on a lot of weird ****. Not the yachts, islands, and castles. That's pretty cool.

http://financebuzz.io/finance-nicolas-cage-buying-spree

Yeah, that's some weird stuff. While maybe cool, it's obvious that 4 yachts, 2 Islands, and 2 European Castles, and 15 "estate" homes is excessive and pretty much a sure ticket to being in debt.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Yeah, that's some weird stuff. While maybe cool, it's obvious that 4 yachts, 2 Islands, and 2 European Castles, and 15 "estate" homes is excessive and pretty much a sure ticket to being in debt.

Yeah, maybe stick with 1 castle, 1 yacht and 2 or 3 homes. I can't even imagine what he was paying to maintain all of those homes, cars, yachts, castles, etc. The monthly expenditure had to have been off the charts.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
"By the time you get outta jail, ***hole, there won't even *be* cars. We'll all around be flyin around in little......*bloooo* spaceships!! That's.....gonna suck. *pause* Who's Eleanor?"

"It's a damn car.....and don't you ever talk about my wife."

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Did I just read about toes and Nicholas Cage in one thread? What is wrong with you people? Pick better subjects to talk about haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad