GDT: Carolina @ Calgary: 25th Olympic Anniversary; Cool Runnings Edition

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB

25 years after the Jamaican Bob Sledders wowed the city of Calgary at the 1988 Winter Olympics, another equally strange event is about to take place. An ice hockey team from the Deep South is voyaging to Canada's version of Siberia to participate in an organised, officially recognised NHL game. Only hilarity can (and will) ensue.

Location: The Scotia Bank Saddledome, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

I had originally intended to take a photo of the Dome today, but we're so socked in with snow right now, I couldn't leave my house, so I took a pic of my front lawn instead. It's as close as I could get. Bryzgalov was right, the weather here is hilarious :laugh:

The manager of the team gets it ready.

Red Neck Hockey FTW!

SHL%20Shield.jpg

3.jpg

62329913.plENCc9h.RedneckHockey.jpg

Of course, in order to pay for expenses, some fund raising must be done.

Lineups:

Your Carolina Hurricanes

Skinner//E. Staal//Ruutu
Gerbe//J. Staal//Lindholm
Tlusty//Nash//Dwyer
Westgarth//Malhotra//Radek Dvorak

Sekera//Justin Faulk
Hainsey//Ryan Murphy
Harrison//Tim Gleason

Ward
Peters

The Evil Swiss Team (Calgary Flames)

Cammalleri//Stajan//Stempniak
Baertschi//Colborne//Hudler
Bouma//Backlund//D. Jones
B. Jones//Byron//McGrattan

Russell//Brodie
Giordano//Smid
Butler//O'Brien

Ramo
Berra

Let's get those 2 points boys!! :)

Reactions: MinJaBen

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
When was the last time the Hurricanes were the better team in the first period? It's going to take a 60 minute effort tonight; Calgary may not have much skill, but they know how to grind out close games, win or lose.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
When was the last time the Hurricanes were the better team in the first period? It's going to take a 60 minute effort tonight; Calgary may not have much skill, but they know how to grind out close games, win or lose.

In Nashville they had a 1-0 lead after one.

Seems kind of weird to fire Feaster on a game day, even if he's not a coach or anything. Flames could be distracted tonight.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Should be a good time to catch them then. They're totally unsupervised!

Nah, they were playing down to get the man fired since unlike our GM, Feaster didn't give out NTC's like Candy from the Easter Bunny.

Now that he is out and Burke's in charge it's time for a playoff surge.

Which will in turn lead to a middle of the pack out of the playoff finish and a middling draft pick that won't come in right away and challenge for a roster spot thus securing the players livelihood for another season.

Hmm, something seems similar about that plan that I can quite put a finger on...

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
Interesting game.. I hope Ward is in there. We'll see how much Semin plays, guessing 3rd line mins to start to see how he feels.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Obviously I have no clue how practices etc are going but I think I'd try Semin with J Staal and Lindholm if it were up to me. The way Muller juggles lines in-game he'll probably get a look almost everywhere.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
If Muller wants to keep playing musical chairs with the goaltending, they might as well start looking to trade Ward. This isn't some NFL running back by committee **** we're talking here. It's the most mental position in all sports. If Ward is healthy, he should be playing nearly every night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad