GDT: Carolina @ Anaheim: I made a GDT with chess in it edition

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Gift horse can we haz more hattricks?

Do you guys notice any on ice adjustments that have led to the scoring increase as of late?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Gift horse can we haz more hattricks?

Do you guys notice any on ice adjustments that have led to the scoring increase as of late?

Depth.

The Jordan line has been looking good for a while now and is showing signs of production. Skinner-Rask-PDG is apparently a thing now, and a good one at that. That's freeing up the Steeg-Eric-Lindholm line to be able to produce as well. Focus on shutting down the Eric line and the Skinner line has the potential to bury you. Focus on shutting down the Skinner line and Eric's line has the potential to bury you.

Though to be fair it's the Yotes, Stars, and Ducks. Not sure what the **** is going on in Anaheim but Bruce is going to get the can here soon you'd have to think. Yotes are along the lines of us in being a dumpster fire, and Dallas's D is a joke, but their offense is god tier.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
That New York game was just weird, I've never seen Lundqvist play that poorly.

Montreal I'll give you though. IIRC that was the first game for PDG after his callup as well.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Depth.

The Jordan line has been looking good for a while now and is showing signs of production. Skinner-Rask-PDG is apparently a thing now, and a good one at that. That's freeing up the Steeg-Eric-Lindholm line to be able to produce as well. Focus on shutting down the Eric line and the Skinner line has the potential to bury you. Focus on shutting down the Skinner line and Eric's line has the potential to bury you.

Though to be fair it's the Yotes, Stars, and Ducks. Not sure what the **** is going on in Anaheim but Bruce is going to get the can here soon you'd have to think. Yotes are along the lines of us in being a dumpster fire, and Dallas's D is a joke, but their offense is god tier.

Do you think pastor bill has said **** it goaltending is so bad let's try and run and gun a little?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Wouldn't shock me :laugh:

I haven't noticed the team playing dramatically different from a defensive POV though, they're just more assertive offensively and it's working, albeit over a small sample size.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Do you think pastor bill has said **** it goaltending is so bad let's try and run and gun a little?
Nope. Just a better transition game with better skating coupled with a more aggressive cycle game. The D corps is also helping with good passing and skating on their breakouts and the F's are providing better puck support. Overall, the team is playing the way BP has always preached just with more energy and better execution. Take Versteeg for example. He wasn't playing terribly but after being scratched he's come back with much greater determination especially in puck battles.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
An interesting trend, I think, and I haven't corroborated it by taking the very little effort it would to just look, is that they aren't doing the crazy outshooting thing anymore. Don't recall any 12-4 periods or 32-16 games in this offensive stretch.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Guess I need to go to Rex Express Care... AGAIN

Ok, you win. Between Kinetico, Lacko Taco, the gift horse, Brad Malone, Shoot puck win (or whatever the hell that one was), Rosie is Rad, Beep Beep, etc..etc... The one I no doubt hated the most was the Rex Express care. Good call.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Ok, you win. Between Kinetico, Lacko Taco, the gift horse, Brad Malone, Shoot puck win (or whatever the hell that one was), Rosie is Rad, Beep Beep, etc..etc... The one I no doubt hated the most was the Rex Express care. Good call.

I don't know there's always the depressing Rex commercial of the year - last year it was the woman whose OB/GYN saw something concerning on her ultrasound and had to face a difficult decision. This year it's cancer causing everything to go into slow motion.

Oh and it was "Shoot puck goal! Out of control! Your team is ugly and smells like garden trolls!" Ugh. ALL the Cup of Awesome ads were awful.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
hahaha i remember trying so hard to figure out who the blurred out player was. Now i don't even remember who it was. Ruutu?

I do remember "what's the name of your team? Carolina Hurricanes" going over and over to (I think) Whitney skating back and forth

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I thought it was LaRose.
I have friends in marketing/advertising that can't find jobs, yet there's people out there producing this crap.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Yeah I think it was LaRose now that you say so. It was during or right after his Dave Chappele exile from hockey that ad was showing I think...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad