GDT: Carolina @ Anaheim: I made a GDT with chess in it edition

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB

forslundzoom.jpg

John Forslund: Welcome to this exciting chess match folks between Grand Master Boudreau playing Anaheim and Grand Master Peters playing Carolina. We're down to the nitty gritty of this epic contest, let's see how it finishes. Now, I'll turn it over to my colleague Tripp for his expert analysis of the current board, which we will show below.

Tripp Tracy: Thanks John, now, you'll notice here, if we go over to the telestrator, that Carolina is in a solid defensive position. Last nite, I had a pivotal dinner with my good friend Grand Master Peters at this great sauna that hat hot tubs. I had taco salad, but enough of that, he said that it was pivotal that he took pivotal defensive control of the board against an opponent like Grand Master Bourdreau. I had a chat recently in advance of this match up with his wife and it turned out in dramatic fashion. He sure is a character. Back to you John

John Forslund: Thanks for that Tripp, you really nailed almost everything on the Bingo card with that report, now let's get down to the action and see how this unfolds. Boudreau to move. He's really gotta do something about the looming Staal at G3 who currently has him in Check.

John Forslund: I am stunned Tripp, did he not see that his Khudobin was in Check? That is a costly error and should end the game.

Tripp Tracy: I agree John, he must've been so focused on the offensive, he neglected to notice a fatal flaw in his defense, namely the Bieksa at B4 is essentially useless. Anyway, for the sake of commentary, here we are gonna see Boudreau go on the offensive and apply pressure by playing Getzlaf A2, trying to take advantage and perhaps scare Murphy at F2. He knows he can do nothing with Faulk at F1, so he is going into the dirty areas to poke around and try to find a weakness.

John Forslund: Good insight Tripp, the Murphy down there certainly is a lot more exploitable than the Faulk, that's for sure.

John Forslund: Peters to move and this should be game.

Tripp Tracy: Gotta agree with ya there John, Boudreau's only hope is that the Getzlaf putting pressure on the weaker side of the defense causes a mental lapse, or mistake. Let's see what happens.

Tripp Tracy: Oh no John, it happened, the pressure from the Getzlaf at A2 caused the Murphy at F2 to panic and forced "Murphy's Gambit" from Peters and Murphy jumped ahead to F4, not only throwing him horribly out of position, but also effectively castrating his team's offense by blocking the Staal at G3's ability to attack Boudreau's Khudobin. Also, the Perry at B6 is now free to attack the Ward at G1.

John Forslund: Right you are tripp, this has been one hell of a sloppy game all things considered.

Tripp Tracy: Good news John, I just got a text from a friend at the sauna restaurant. Wanna make a huge effort and go for a meal of consequence?

John Forslund: Hey, hey, whatdaya say? I am pretty hungry actually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad