GDT: carmin - PPD due to 'Rona

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
The 14 you listed is what I came up with as well. I don't believe Martinook is healthy and I don't believe you're missing anyone. Also technically Pots was sent down to the AHL this morning but I'm sure we'll be able to bring him back up tomorrow. Not sure to what extent we can add to that but Lebrun did report we're expected to have 16 skaters. Dave Ayres lacing them up on D for us?
Should be like in the ECHL where they basically scramble to get SPHL and lower level glorified beer league players who are close to them to fill in when they are short on skaters. Or convince a retired player who stayed in town to fill in for a couple of games... I think we might have a couple of guys like that.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I thought that because of using Gardiner's LTIR space, we don't get that benefit (cap wise) this year?
we have 292k of unused LTIR hit according to capfriendly. i dont know though, we're in uncharted territories for me on understanding cap manipulation.

edit: so maybe the 2 for 1 deal was the wrong phrasing.

292k of unused LTIR hit. So we send Pots down to save 4k off our LTIR space. The cap manipulation game we played with Bean, et al for a couple of seasons.

We probably do the same thing to Pots and CJ Smith to minimize the amounts of LTIR space we use until the 27th. Then we get 2 extra emergency call ups Friday because we technically dont have cap space but only LTIR usage. So we'll get the other two veterans for "free" for 6 days. I think I got that right. Basically we use up 32k off of the LTIR relief over 4 games in order to keep that pot available.

I think I got the understanding. Anyone disagree or agree on my math here?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad