Carmelo Anthony Watch

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He has informed the Knicks he doesn't want to return to the team - so at this point we may as well make a thread for all rumors/news (off season is slow now anyway)

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1...orms-knicks-he-doesn-t-want-to-return-to-team

"Carmelo Anthony has made it clear to them, I want to go to Houston, I’m not interested in talking to you about being re-incorporated back into this New York roster," ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski said during a recent appearance on SportsCenter.

"So what they’re trying to do ... Steve Mills would not have ascended to this job in New York if he wasn’t pretty politically savvy. He doesn’t want to get into a public war here with Carmelo Anthony, who they spent over a year trying to run out of town. Houston now is prepared that these talks with the Knicks could run through August, September, into possibly the start of training camp as New York tries to rebuild Melo's value, and threaten people with the idea that they'll bring him back to start the season."

Bad spot for the Knicks to be in....

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If I am Knicks I tell him to **** off

We will trade him to an interested party if deal makes sense ,, But will not cave into his demands

Who does he think he is making demands? Not like he is guy who can carry a franchise as his track record has proven he cant

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The guy was given a No-Trade Clause, so it's fine that he wants to exercise his right.

However, I'm of the opinion that if a player asks to be traded, they have to waive their NTC. Otherwise, suck it up.

This guy demands a trade to ONE team?! A team that simply cannot make it work without the inclusion of two other teams? Yeah, real smart planning there Carmelo.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
^ Yeah, honestly I'm tired of Carmelo and his whole saga. Signs a NTC and then begs to be traded, but only to teams with zero assets to give up. Totally wants to eat his cake and have another slice or whatever the saying is

Knicks did a terrific job of murdering his trade value for themselves though.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Knicks just publicly trashed him all season long and wanted to get rid of him but he wanted to stay. Now he says he wants to go but only to two teams and people are mad at him. It's not like it was only Phil either, the rest of the management group is still there and the clueless owner could've stepped in at any moment but decided not to. I have no issue with what Melo is doing.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Knicks just publicly trashed him all season long and wanted to get rid of him but he wanted to stay. Now he says he wants to go but only to two teams and people are mad at him. It's not like it was only Phil either, the rest of the management group is still there and the clueless owner could've stepped in at any moment but decided not to. I have no issue with what Melo is doing.

I have no issue with him wanting out. My issue is with him demanding it be only Houston or Cleveland. He's got a NTC, he chose to exercise his right to not be traded for the last couple of years which I 100% support. But don't ask for a trade AND limit the Knicks with that NTC.

If anything, the Knicks will probably continue to trash him publicly until he makes his list of teams larger.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Portland or Houston IMO

Makes 0 sense to play in Portland. They are going nowhere in the west anytime soon.

^ Yeah, honestly I'm tired of Carmelo and his whole saga. Signs a NTC and then begs to be traded, but only to teams with zero assets to give up. Totally wants to eat his cake and have another slice or whatever the saying is

Knicks did a terrific job of murdering his trade value for themselves though.

Not his fault P-Jax ostracized him and the rest of the organization just sat there and watched, including Dolan. Why play for a team that clearly doesn't give a crap about you and who publicly said they want to build around K-Porzee.

The guy was given a No-Trade Clause, so it's fine that he wants to exercise his right.

However, I'm of the opinion that if a player asks to be traded, they have to waive their NTC. Otherwise, suck it up.

This guy demands a trade to ONE team?! A team that simply cannot make it work without the inclusion of two other teams? Yeah, real smart planning there Carmelo.

He is willing to waive for HOU or CLE. Anywhere else doesn't make sense, because he's likely not winning a title if he isn't a Rocket, Cav, Spur or Warrior. May as well stay in NY if your team is going nowhere.

We need him in Chicago

Pretty sure he's done playing for lottery teams.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I have no issue with him wanting out. My issue is with him demanding it be only Houston or Cleveland. He's got a NTC, he chose to exercise his right to not be traded for the last couple of years which I 100% support. But don't ask for a trade AND limit the Knicks with that NTC.

If anything, the Knicks will probably continue to trash him publicly until he makes his list of teams larger.

I'd agree if he was the one who went to them with the trade demand and then limited their options but that's not exactly how it happened. They wanted to trade him and he gave them the list of teams he'd accept a trade to. Apparently a deal was close with the Rockets until the new GM came in and said he wants to try and work things out with Melo now.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
The Knicks have treated him horribly. But every report in the last few weeks is about how bad he wants to be traded, how he doesn't want to go back to the Knicks, how he only wants to go to Houston. He made his bed in New York and now he can lay in it, unless Morey can pull off some wizardry. Probably would need some dumb ass team to take that RyNo contract.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Not his fault P-Jax ostracized him and the rest of the organization just sat there and watched, including Dolan. Why play for a team that clearly doesn't give a crap about you and who publicly said they want to build around K-Porzee.
Cause they gave you a fat ass contract to play for them?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i hope he goes to houston

cp3, harden, AND melo will be an absolute circus. combine all that with melo being reunited with d'antoni and it's sure to provide for some comedy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad