Injury Report: Carlo Colaiacovo - Injured Shoulder - Out 2-3 Weeks

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Well that is really not good. This is Kindl's chance and I hope he runs with it. Really thought he improved a decent amount last year, excited to see what he looks like this year and he has been playing the whole lockout so he should come in with good form.

Hope he and Brunner iron this out right away, not a great situation. Doesn't seem to like Wings players too much, maybe the reason he joined.

As with all Carlo injury threads this must follow.

RedWingsNow*

Watching Brendan Smith this year in GR, it's hard to miss his offensive skill.

but this dude is careless as can be in his own zone. Unless this guy finds some discipline in his game, fans are going to have a love-hate relationship with this guy

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ

but this dude is careless as can be in his own zone. Unless this guy finds some discipline in his game, fans are going to have a love-hate relationship with this guy

Babs' new whipping boy.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
In a lot of ways, Smith reminds me of Quincey. He's more slick and smarter, offensively. But their games are similar.

I don't see it at all, tbh. I see him more like a young Kronner right now, very mobile, but physical along the lines of Stuart, just more reckless than Stu, who generally made good decisions on when to be physical. Heck, it's been a while so I'll have to actually watch some games. He's far more aggressive offensively, but also makes things happen, than Quincey.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Does this open up a spot for Lashoff? I don't think he's a long term answer but he could be a good fit given we lack any depth and he should be able to contribute at ES and on the PK.

I'm a huge Lashoff fan, and really believe he'd flourish in a shutdown/PK role. He's very solid in the defensive zone, poised under pressure, and can have a bit of a nasty streak. Hell, pair him with Smith and let them play the 3rd pair for a bit.

That's what I'm seeing having watched the Griffins this season. Maybe it's the "I should be in Detroit" syndrome, but he's been making some pretty rough turnovers in every zone. Sure he's got fantastic offensive chops, and his physical game is good, but he's going to be in for a rude awakening if he doesn't make some better decisions when he's not carrying the puck.

rrasco

Mar 13, 2009
I like Smith, but I have to agree I see him make more bad decisions than I am comfortable with.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Smith makes me think of Campbell. Gobs of skill, runs all over the place, and occasionally catches someone with their head down.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
hgkjgk.jpg

Of course I (and a few others) said it last season, but does anyone else think this year is the make or break for Jonny Hollywood here? If he has a poor showing, do you think the Wings will look to unload him at the deadline?

He's still too inconsistent for my liking...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad