GDT: Car'lina @ New Jersey... OPPA 8-BIT STYLE!!!

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
For full effect of this GDT, I reccomend you listen to one of the following songs while reading:

Tuesday, February 12th, 2013. Your Carolina Hurricanes against the New Jersey Devils at 7pm EST

trollcanes_zpsde3cd03a.jpg

*AT*

devil_zps581e6f2c.jpg

canesf_zpsc3aa129c.png

canesd_zps0318cda7.png

canesg_zps37825b5b.png

A Hurricane fan shows up to the Prudential Center waiting for the game to start

jersey_zpsf88fa109.png

The Story thus far.

Carolina Super Fan Trantor the Troll shows up early on the road trip with some good ol' fashioned Southern eats

fan_zpsdb4499dc.png

Today's game against the Devils marks the end of a loooooooooooong winding road trip. Below is a graphical representation of said road trip and its results.

roadtrip_zps8d507ac9.png

Our heroes, Hurricane Man and his BFF Crystal Meth Man, talk about the trip:

base_zps310a90d0.png

For clarification, this is the crazy guy who has Crystal Meth Man so worried:

sun_zps74c1a46b.png

Players to Watch:

Eric and Jordan (AKA Bimmy and Jimmy) the Staal Brothers

staal_zps6b578fdf.png

Eric and Jordan are by far our two best players. They do everything for this team. They score goals, they get assists, they hit, they get more pluses than minuses and rumor is, they even can has cheezeburger.

bad_zps977c3a44.png

Char and Slutty are our most physical players who also hit like tanks and have nice smiles. They operate on different lines to make it fair to the other team.

elias_zps9f84ecbf.png

After years as a covert KGB operative, super spy Patrik Elias was put into "sleeper mode" waiting for that glorious day when the USSR returns to the top of the mountain. He was put in "stasis" and currently lives as a North American Stick Puck Player (colloquially referred to as "Ice Hockey" in these parts)

But make no mistake, this ruthless sniper is simply awaiting someone uttering his "Trigger Phrase" to return to battle. Leaked documents indicate that his trigger phrase is:
Klaatu Barada Nikto

brodeur_zpsf547bb3b.png

Martin Brodeur is the greatest goalie in NHL history. He also gets mad bro cred for sleeping with his wife's sister. AKA, every man's fantasy (as long as said sister is hot of course.)

Color Commentary tonite provided by the letter H, the number 7 and these people:

johnandtrip_zpsd7d0e3e3.png

chantel_zps26be1de3.png

Let's get a win boys!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: MinJaBen

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
A good one. And this one's going to be a win! :handclap:

Point-streaks:
Eric 9 games
Jordan 5 games
Skinner 5 games

And Semin is +10! Who would've thought...

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
Brodeur has been on fire lately, and the Canes most likely emptied the tanks last night, watching the Islanders powerplay.

Devils win big.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
On my way to work, I **** you not, I heard "The Devil went down to Georgia" and "Sympathy for the Devil".

Not sure if that's a sign...

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Since I was inspired:

The Canes went up to Jersey, looking for two points to steal
They were in a bind, cause of their blueline, and weren’t willing to make a deal.
When they came across a hockey team, playing the game and playing real hot.
The Canes jumped in on a chase and dump and said “Boys, let me tell you whatâ€

“Well you may not have known it, but we’re division leaders too
And if you care to take a dare, we’ll play a game with you.
We’re real strong down the middle boys, so give this team its due
We’ll bet a stick of gold, to hook and hold, cause we might be better than you€

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
:clap: for the LaRose and McBain renderings in the lineups. Those made the entire GDT for me.

If I hadn't witnessed those PK attempts last night myself I'd be cautiously optimistic.

Beardy*

Win or lose, this has already been a successful road trip for the Canes, and they're coming back to Raleigh with some pretty good chemistry, and a goalie who found his game again.

I am expecting a loss tonight, but would not be shocked if we won. The Canes have a history of being a complete and utter thorn in the side of the Devils, especially when Brodeur is in net.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Normally I would have bad vibes about this one but the Canes have been in Brodeur's head since 2001. Gonna be fun either way.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
I'll take our heartless Russian who kills coaches, locker rooms, and the Hurricanes over their heartless Russian who kills coaches, locker rooms, and the Hurricanes, 5 times out of 10.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Normally I would have bad vibes about this one but the Canes have been in Brodeur's head since 2001. Gonna be fun either way.

This seems like a playoff-exclusive thing though, they seem to play us well in the regular season. But who knows, we may win. I expect the game to be close, but probably a loss. Perhaps an overtime loss, 3-2.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
It seems like the majority of this board predicts a loss before every game... Reverse Mojo?

With that said...

5-1 Loss

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Took a look today to see the stats on our PP and PK. It's been a while since I've been happier with our even strength hockey and as frightful of the well documented exploits of our "special" teams.

1.) Canes are at 71.4% on the PK (28th in the NHL) which just... well. Debs are a 20.8% team on the PP.

2.) Our PP ranks 24th at 14.6%. Devils PK is a solid 86.2%.

3.) The Devils are 1st in the NHL with 3 shorthanded goals.

This might be a patch of hard luck for the Canes while they're sorting out the gel and click stuff, but for the love of **** please just stay out of the box tonight.

I like our chances at even strength. Otherwise, not so much.

WhiteTrashAmerican

WHY DID IT END
Nov 14, 2007
Durham, NC
Stay out of the box, Keep Sangs off the roster, and play well on the PP. Pretty typical, but if we get a loser point out of this game I'll be ecstatic.

Edit: Our PP once we get in the zone has actually looked pretty good...we just can't ever get in.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad