GDT: Carl Soderberg | Philadelphia Flyers @ Our The Boston Bruins | *1:00 PM* | NESN

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Last 26 games when Kelly scored a goal we be 26-0 last three games when Dougie scores a goal Bruins 0-3.

Dougie one point behins Schultz for rookie Dmen, 8th between all rookies, hopeing he takes the Calder, Conacher has 8 points on him, no goalies in the mix.

GHF377

Watching from afar
Apr 11, 2011
Hockey limbo
Looking at the standings right now... 1-8 is Montreal-NYR, 4-5 is Boston-Toronto.

I'm pretty damn happy staying in 4th.

Habs fan here, I come in peace. Do you guys realistically think you will not take 1st in the East? Pains me to say but you look pretty solid with plenty of games in hand.
And we'd surely prefer the Rangers over the Leafs. ;)

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
So I'm watching the replay and see the slash by Caron that "might" have broken the stick. No one seemed to care whether the stick was broken or not. That stick looked fine on the ice. I know the rule is with enough force to break the stick, but the dropping of the stick and the hands in the air is what seems to lock up the call. What's to stop players from throwing their stick down if its broken or not? Or just dropping the damn thing, loose hand. Flyers were due, and it seemed like a good spot to pull that move. I know we've seen it all before...its just weak sauce.

Refs should have a look at the sticks just to call them on BS. I know, I know...they don't want to know. But this is going to turn into the next "it" move. Its so easy. Too easy. Like pulling a Subban and turning at the last second before a hit, launching into the boards, and looking to the ref.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Habs fan here, I come in peace. Do you guys realistically think you will not take 1st in the East? Pains me to say but you look pretty solid with plenty of games in hand.
And we'd surely prefer the Rangers over the Leafs. ;)

I think the Bruins will take the East, but I really don't care too much about it. Its about being ready for the playoffs. The Bruins are a good road team, so ehh....whatever...

I just hope Chia makes the right additions and subtractions and we're ready.

I do notice some players and fans seem to get worked up about division/conference rankings...I've just always felt its a few notches down on the list of things I worry about...

After I know the Bruins are in.;)

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Well I PVR'd the game and I'll watch it tomorrow when I get home from work....crap, I still need to watch the Tampa game.

But I'm really surprised that a game involving the Flyers has only had 739 posts in it.....:amazed:

What is wrong with you people....:shakehead:laugh:

I think everyone was at the game!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think this is one reason Dougie has the advantage over the early first rounders who often go to teams that stink. I think part of the reason the OIlers struggle in spite of the talent is they don't particularly have veterans who can be mentors and leaders. Dougie has the benefit of being mentored by some veterans who really have the mentoring ability. I think this has been an advantage to Seguin as well.

And while Recchi is gone, he was often mentioned by Marchand as a good mentor-shoot he was in many ways like the dad of the team.

Hemsky/Smyth/Horcoff and others, they haven`t as many vets as the Bruins but I blame Kevin Lowe then his replacement Tambellini for two major mistakes in their approach.

A- Focusing on drafting D-men (Shultz is nice but..)

B- Finding a coach out there who could teach it

Imagine CJ coaching that team? They`d be in the playoff hunt long ago.....to bad he`s ours;)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Edit: Seids was the most physical Bruin today and thank goodness for him. The Bruins have been consistently outhit which bothers me. Today it didn't bother me as the Flyers go overboad trying to intimidate and show their toughness.

Doesn`t bother me at all, never has, one of the worst stats out there if using as an indicator or trying to get a read on a game. I was watching the game and thinking that had the Flyers players focused more on playing the game rather than ALWAYS finishing their checks, their team D would be so much better. Had a stat at our Junior A game here a few weeks back where our boys, so it said was outhit almost 2:1.....Mooseheads won the game by a touchdown:)

I enjoy watching a player finish a check, I can`t stand when a player insists on doing so when it takes them out of position, and the Flyers seem to have it engrained within them that they have to do this. I`m sure we as fans would be mildy entertained if every Bruin finished every check, but I`ll wager we wouldn`t be as entertained watching our goalie(s) get peppered as our team would give up constant odd man chances.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Watched it when I got home last night, and wow the Flyers are really bad. So much for the stacked Atlantic Division. The Northeast is looking like the cream of the crop this year.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Another reason to like him.

If he has a bad game, he seems to learn from it, make the adjustments, put it behind him, and then move on to the next one. That is no small feat for a rookie.

As impressed with his physical skills as I have been, I have been equally impressed with his mental approach to the game and his overall maturity.

I am surprised at how mature he is.

Him just laughing at Hartnell was impressive indeed.

Dougie doesn't act like a 19 year old rookie just up from Jrs.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Well I PVR'd the game and I'll watch it tomorrow when I get home from work....crap, I still need to watch the Tampa game.

But I'm really surprised that a game involving the Flyers has only had 739 posts in it.....:amazed:

What is wrong with you people....:shakehead:laugh:

I believe a bunch of us were at the game. :)

The Flyers sure like to slash. We are lucky no one was injured.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I am surprised at how mature he is.

Him just laughing at Hartnell was impressive indeed.

Dougie doesn't act like a 19 year old rookie just up from Jrs.

I am one who loves Hartnell....we watched warmups down that end and he took a shot at the cross bar, it bounced up and he headed it into the net....he laughed, looked at a bunch of really young kids behind the net and skated nearby and gave then a big smile and wink.

I know he's a db on the ice at times, but he's fun to watch, and will retire with 300 NHL goals.

I'd puke if they ever took Cooke, but I'd take Hartnell on this team....guy competes, plays hard, tries to win....most of us in the same situation would test Dougie as well, and hit Seguin and Marchand every chance we can get.

If I'm coaching the Flyers I tell them to take the body with fours guys every chance you get- Krejci, Hamiltion, Seguin, and Marchand (an high up around the shoulders for Brad)....give em a little extra but be smart about it.

I dont like it as a Bruins fan but hey, that should be the strategy

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
The Bruins radio guys really like Hartnell.

Anyway I was looking at some game logs and Bergeron has had 1 game out of 22 this year where he was a minus player. The guy is a coach's dream.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I am one who loves Hartnell....we watched warmups down that end and he took a shot at the cross bar, it bounced up and he headed it into the net....he laughed, looked at a bunch of really young kids behind the net and skated nearby and gave then a big smile and wink.

I know he's a db on the ice at times, but he's fun to watch, and will retire with 300 NHL goals.

I'd puke if they ever took Cooke, but I'd take Hartnell on this team....guy competes, plays hard, tries to win....most of us in the same situation would test Dougie as well, and hit Seguin and Marchand every chance we can get.

If I'm coaching the Flyers I tell them to take the body with fours guys every chance you get- Krejci, Hamiltion, Seguin, and Marchand (an high up around the shoulders for Brad)....give em a little extra but be smart about it.

I agree about Hartnell but I was impressed at Dougie just laughing in his face.

The thing about Hartnell is I always remember that hit on Alberts. That was one of the most dirty hits I have ever seen.

I dislike Hartnell but I HATE cooke. I don't think we have to worry about him ever being on the B's for 2 reasons:

1. The B's hate him and he would never do well in their room.

2. Mario will keep him because he knows if cooke were on another team it would be Sid's head or knees cooke would be going for.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH

I actually don't mind Hartnell at all. He seems like a pretty good guy. And for a guy who is known for running goalies and getting in their faces, he seems to be pretty friendly with them. Near the end of the game yesterday Tuukka gobbled up the puck as Hartnell closed in on him and when the whistle blew, he gave Tuukka a little tap on the chest and the two of them were smiling. I suppose he could have been chirping Tuukka but it seemed like a friendly exchange. I've noticed him doing stuff like that on multiple occasions actually.

Just a little thing but noticeable.

EDIT - also, I've noticed Tuukka giving friendly "taps" to the other team when he makes saves too as they skate by or stop in front of his net. Like a "hey, nice shot" or "nice play" or something, haha. If you focus on him after the whistle you'll notice he does this all the time. Just a good sportsmanship dealie from him I think

So I'm watching the replay and see the slash by Caron that "might" have broken the stick. No one seemed to care whether the stick was broken or not. That stick looked fine on the ice. I know the rule is with enough force to break the stick, but the dropping of the stick and the hands in the air is what seems to lock up the call. What's to stop players from throwing their stick down if its broken or not? Or just dropping the damn thing, loose hand. Flyers were due, and it seemed like a good spot to pull that move. I know we've seen it all before...its just weak sauce.

Refs should have a look at the sticks just to call them on BS. I know, I know...they don't want to know. But this is going to turn into the next "it" move. Its so easy. Too easy. Like pulling a Subban and turning at the last second before a hit, launching into the boards, and looking to the ref.

When I saw the replay the stick was definitely broken on the play.. at least I'm 90% sure I saw the break, haha.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

I'd take him in a minute,he's Marchand with a physical edge that matches his mouth

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I smell another Selke Award for Bergy. Great numbers for Kelly and Krejci too. May have a dark horse candidate in Krejci if he stays consistent (I'm talking about face offs)

883455_845986943779_13138701_o.jpg

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I wish I had recorded it because it was pretty funny.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
I like Hartnell too. He seems like a really nice guy despite acting like an idiot on the ice sometimes. But i think thats just him trying to act like a tough guy when he really isnt, just not in his nature.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Which I'm sure is just fine with them.

From watching some away broadcasts though, I can tell you than other teams have a ton of respect for them. They are pretty much feared at this point and beating them is an accomplishment.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Which I'm sure is just fine with them.

From watching some away broadcasts though, I can tell you than other teams have a ton of respect for them. They are pretty much feared at this point and beating them is an accomplishment.
Hopefully yesterday acts as a springboard and they start rolling. Felt like we were a complete team again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad