Carl Gunnarssons next contract

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
ya id do 3 for carl for 3 years and probably 2.75 for franson for 3 as well. Both serviceable solid d imo, people are always going crazy with their skillsets and what not... but you need serviceable solid d in your lineup to solidify it with the gardiners and morgans.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I'd give him anything south of 4 million dollars. It's amazing how he's still so underrated around here. Our best defenseman at carrying it out of our own zone, making short crisp passes that lets our forwards break into the offensive zone. One of our best at holding the opposing blue lines (which is how he racks up most of his secondary assists) plus has an underrated wrist shot. And he's still young. Gunnarsson is going to top out as a Dennis Seidenberg type player and we should lock him up.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I've always liked Gunner , he's a solid steady D and his absence was noticeable when he was out . Around 3 mil on a 3-4 year deal .

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Nonis has to keep the Gunnarsson and Franson contracts short. No sense locking guys up when you have so many promising young defensemen in the system. Three years max for both.

leafstilldeath*

Need Gunner to sign with us. He is one of our consistent Dmen. 3X3 get it done Nonis

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
I dont think Gunns has done enough to justify a long contract. I would give him two years and see where we're at.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Around $3M per.

Franson will undoubtedly make more. Looking like $3.5/$3.75M based on his offensive production, and comparing it to recent signings like Josi (7x$4M).

mcphllp

Dion @ 6.5=Discount
Dec 27, 2008
gunn should get a lil over 3.

franson should get 4.5 plus.

franson was our second best dman this year and needs to be locked up

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
gunn should get a lil over 3.

franson should get 4.5 plus.

franson was our second best dman this year and needs to be locked up

No he wasn't. Points does not equal good play.

He was played exclusively against 4th liners and 3rd liners at the most. When he was moved to the second pairing, he looked awful in his own end.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Preferably paid by someone else, unless he takes #5D money. That's where he should be playing.

CmonLeafs

Oct 22, 2010
Ottawa
No he wasn't. Points does not equal good play.

He was played exclusively against 4th liners and 3rd liners at the most. When he was moved to the second pairing, he looked awful in his own end.

It's amazing how often I agree with you Duffman, and how little I agree with most others.

Always shocked how people on this forum think Franson is more valuable than Gunnarsson.

If I had to guess:
Gunnarsson - 3yrs, $9.5M
Franson - 3yrs, $8.7M

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad