Post-Game Talk (GBU): Carius and Rommel

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Battle of the tank commanders :D

g- liked Risto being back
-Ennis playing like its a contract year

b- lethargic play all around

I'm not very impressed with Conacher, seems like another Flynn/D'agostini type. Good effort but limited results. Sure its a culling year but he seems more like chaff than wheat right now.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
G:
- Risto looked pretty good for a kid playing his first NHL game in a while. He and Deslauriers did a good job on the 2nd PP unit, unfortunately the forwards on that unit are just not good.
- Ennis has been our best forward for a bit now. If he can actually bottle this level of play going forward and build on it, then he gives the rebuild a lot more wiggle room.
- Stafford's still going pretty well, too bad he couldn't handle that breakaway pass though.

B:
- Missing Myers on top of all the talent this team is already missing due to injury or trade. Yikes.
- After playing hard most of Nolan's tenure, the team has really floundered the past few games. It won't be easy getting these guys back on track over the remaining games.
- Ehrhoff is the most obviously checked-out player on the team and has been for a while.

U:
- Too many games left

I'm not very impressed with Conacher, seems like another Flynn/D'agostini type. Good effort but limited results. Sure its a culling year but he seems more like chaff than wheat right now.

The thing is, Flynn and D'Agostini have a place here in the short-term, so Conacher should too if he shows decently.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
G:
- Risto looked pretty good for a kid playing his first NHL game in a while. He and Deslauriers did a good job on the 2nd PP unit, unfortunately the forwards on that unit are just not good.
- Ennis has been our best forward for a bit now. If he can actually bottle this level of play going forward and build on it, then he gives the rebuild a lot more wiggle room.
- Stafford's still going pretty well, too bad he couldn't handle that breakaway pass though.

B:
- Missing Myers on top of all the talent this team is already missing due to injury or trade. Yikes.
- After playing hard most of Nolan's tenure, the team has really floundered the past few games. It won't be easy getting these guys back on track over the remaining games.
- Ehrhoff is the most obviously checked-out player on the team and has been for a while.

U:
- Too many games left

The thing is, Flynn and D'Agostini have a place here in the short-term, so Conacher should too if he shows decently.

Agree with EVERYTHING you said. Especially regarding Ennis and Ehrhoff. Ennis has been fantastic for the past couple weeks and Ehrhoff looks like he doesn't want to be here. Buy his ass out for all I care.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Tidbits:

- Ennis has been playing great the last several games. What an enigma he is...

- Ristolainen simply being in the lineup is reason enough to get excited again about watching ... But when the team plays like it did tonight, excitement is minimal at best.

- agree with RP on Ehrhoff. Totally disinterested. Nonchalant, passive, even looks a bit lethargic. It extends back before the deadline, but this game and the three prior, it looks Almost as if he was expecting to be dealt and is pouting and sulking via his play because he wasn't traded

- tough to get on any goalie facing as many shots as our guys face, but Enroth should've stopped that first one

On Conacher, it's way too early for me personally to gauge what his future with us will be. I'm currently of the mindset that, unless he's detrimental, he's worth keeping because of how enthused he is about playing here. Call it naïve, call it shallow, whatever. We need that kind of positivity IMO

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
B:

In my eyes, if he isn't traded, his lackadaisical play has earned himself a CBO.

Given the current state of the organization, I don't think he'd be missed all that much. Replace his leadership through FA.

Also, for as good as Ennis has been, Hodgson has been just as bad - and I'm prefer Cody's game to Ennis'. I'm really not buying the linemate excuse, either. As a player who supposedly makes those around him better, he hasn't done much for this team of late.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I just don't get some of these players. Ehrhoff should be busting his ass off because the better he plays the higher his value will become and more suitors he will encounter, sulking like a little ***** is going to lower his value and I can't see Buffalo using a CBO him. I would love for him to stay and understand that this team is atrocious, but do what you paid to do.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
In my eyes, if he isn't traded, his lackadaisical play has earned himself a CBO.

Given the current state of the organization, I don't think he'd be missed all that much. Replace his leadership through FA.

Also, for as good as Ennis has been, Hodgson has been just as bad - and I'm prefer Cody's game to Ennis'. I'm really not buying the linemate excuse, either. As a player who supposedly makes those around him better, he hasn't done much for this team of late.

I agree although I thought Coho was a little bit more engaged last night. Foligno was terrible with the puck which is probably why that line didn't get going at all.. Putting Flynn on that line seemed smart. They may just need to get some chemistry going again because that line was clicking for a few games in December.

Overall I agree with what people have said here. Ruhwedel looked good to me. Deslauriers is probably are most creative forward. Leino actually looked like he was trying. One of his better games since November.

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
idk why, but regardless of how Stafford plays, I still feel like he's the sole remaining piece of that rotting "Rochester core" carcass.

I will not be happy with a rebuild until he is gone---until the entire "Rochester core" is just an old rumor.

ZeroPT*

idk why, but regardless of how Stafford plays, I still feel like he's the sole remaining piece of that rotting "Rochester core" carcass.

I will not be happy with a rebuild until he is gone---until the entire "Rochester core" is just an old rumor.

chill out man.. He's been excellent this year

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Battle of the tank commanders :D

g- liked Risto being back
-Ennis playing like its a contract year

b- lethargic play all around

For the life of me I don't get some posters lumping Flynn in with the likes of Dags, Omark, etc.

Flynn is an NHL rookie playing pretty well and is a pretty versatile bottom 6 forward.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo

At the end of last season, I would've agreed with you. Lately? Not a chance. When Stafford was unable to buy a goal, I would've said trade/buy out candidate but now it seems like Stafford and Ennis are the only two putting points on the board for this team. I can't remember the last goal that didn't involve one or both of them. Since Ott and Miller were traded, I think Stafford has really stepped up as a team leader - at least according to Nolan.

For the life of me I don't get some posters lumping Flynn in with the likes of Dags, Omark, etc.
Flynn is an NHL rookie playing pretty well and is a pretty versatile bottom 6 forward.

Agreed. Flynn may never be a top 6 guy but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. We have some solid bottom 6 vets going forward (with ~9 guys in this category, it's hard not too) -- We just have to figure out who will be helpful in the future... both short and longterm. I think Flynn makes that cut.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012

I lumped Flynn with Dags and CoCo because they have been playing similar games, none are racking up points but are energy guys with good effort.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
from what little I have seen, Conacher has 1 thing BUF has a dearth of, and that's speed. Whether that's because he cares more / tries more than others, or is simply a naturally faster skater with/without puck, he deserves to get a long look.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas

Considering Stafford was never even a part of the Rochester core, I don't know where you're getting that feeling from. That core is now completely gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad