Carey price will tie Ken Dryden for 3rd spot overall in game played

93nostalgic

Sep 11, 2009
Carey Price might only be starting to get into his prime but he's already sitting at 4th overall in habs history for games played. Next time he plays, he will tied Ken Dryden at 397.

If he averages about 60 games a year, he will be really close to passing #2 Patrick Roy (552) and #1 (Jacques Plante) in 2 years (120 games or so). In 3 years, at around 30, he could be the all-time leader in games played for the habs.

Assuming he plays until 35-37 years old with the habs (another 8-10 years), he will be ahead of anybody with leaps and bounds.

Not so bad...

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I'm not sure where you're from but here in Montreal we count numbers of Cups. Even if Carey plays 1000 games he won't get his number retired unless he's a Cup winner.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Carey Price might only be starting to get into his prime but he's already sitting at 4th overall in habs history for games played. Next time he plays, he will tied Ken Dryden at 397.

If he averages about 60 games a year, he will be really close to passing #2 Patrick Roy (552) and #1 (Jacques Plante) in 2 years (120 games or so). In 3 years, at around 30, he could be the all-time leader in games played for the habs.

Assuming he plays until 35-37 years old with the habs (another 8-10 years), he will be ahead of anybody with leaps and bounds.

Not so bad...
The experience he already has is impressive.

Scary to think that Dryden managed to win as many cups as he did in such a short career all while taking a year off for law school on top of it.

HardcoreHab

A Man With No Plan
Dec 15, 2005
Kingston, ON
I'm not sure where you're from but here in Montreal we count numbers of Cups. Even if Carey plays 1000 games he won't get his number retired unless he's a Cup winner.

That's an old way of thinking. With 30 teams in a salary cap era, it's unfair and unrealistic to only measure success based on winning the Stanley Cup.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

I think he's gonna take down brodeurs wins record.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Carey is something special and people are only starting to see it. To think a good chunk of fans booed him and wanted him gone makes me sick.

I hope he breaks Jacques Plante's record.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada

He'll likely finish #1 in GP and wins, plus if he can win one or two Vezinas to go with that he deserves to have his number retired, cup or no cup.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
Stop the lie-Dryden took year off because Pollock would not give him a pay raise-Do your home work guys.In Dressing room Ken was not a popular guy-hardly ever spoke and was a loner

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Crazy...

What this tells me more than anything is how fast time flies. It doesn't seem that long ago that the habs drafted Price, yet he is already 3rd all time in games played on the oldest team in the league.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Can't believe he didn't get the Vezina last year. If he doesn't get it this year the league is a joke!

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Can't believe he didn't get the Vezina last year. If he doesn't get it this year the league is a joke!

From a league wide perspective it would be hard to justify giving Carey the Vezina this year... So far anyways.

Carey is an awesome goaltender, but his numbers just don't justify it... So far anyways.

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
From a league wide perspective it would be hard to justify giving Carey the Vezina this year... So far anyways.

Carey is an awesome goaltender, but his numbers just don't justify it... So far anyways.

Correct,not going to happen this year unless he goes on a tear like 25-5, .935, 1.95

Analyzer*

He, or the team around him have played worse this year than last year. Like mentioned above, Rinne/Fleury are ahead of him.

So, tonight's game he ties for 3rd ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad