Confirmed with Link: Carey Price Press Conference 12pm ET (Not Announcing His Retirement)

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Price will be joined by Hughes and be giving a press conference. He isn't announcing his retirement so we don't need to speculate about that happening. Most likely just an update on his condition.

Reactions: dralaf

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
He will announce that he is healthy and ready to go and Hughes will announce a trade to a cup contender for 2 first round picks, a top notch center and a 5th. Book it!

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
He will announce that he is healthy and ready to go and Hughes will announce a trade to a cup contender for 2 first round picks, a top notch center and a 5th. Book it!
Terrified if that actually happened, stay the course, we're trending in the right direction 2 years out from a playoff push, 3 from contender.

As for price, I expect he announces he's shutting it down for the season and he'll try again next year

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
At least he's around the city/team to some capacity. Would you rather he was like Captain Weber last year who couldn't be bothered?
Oh, f*** off with that "couldn't be bothered" garbage.

Weber was on LTIR. He's not from Montreal, and has family and friends in BC. He was 100% sure he was not going to be playing. Why have him live in Montreal when he'd rather be elsewhere?

I doubt Price is going to spend the entire season in Montreal either. There's literally no point in doing that.

MarioLeMoose

Jul 15, 2022
Oh, f*** off with that "couldn't be bothered" garbage.

Weber was on LTIR. He's not from Montreal, and has family and friends in BC. He was 100% sure he was not going to be playing. Why have him live in Montreal when he'd rather be elsewhere?

I doubt Price is going to spend the entire season in Montreal either. There's literally no point in doing that.

It's no more garbage than it is to say that Carey meeting with the media is nothing but a waste of time.

Last edited:

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
If you or your brother-in-law try to screw up insurance company for 2000$ it's a scandal and the insurance company will do everything to prove you're frauding them. But when it come with Price it's okay to screw up big money (10,5M) because CP have an huge fanclub behind him. The insurance company is happy to pay. Because if they don't, they'll have an huge negative publicity.

But shhhht ! let's pretend I didn't wrote this because I'm in the land of his diehard fans.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
If you or your brother-in-law try to screw up insurance company for 2000$ it's a scandal and the insurance company will do everything to prove you're frauding them. But when it come with Price it's okay to screw up big money (10,5M) because CP have an huge fanclub behind him. The insurance company is happy to pay. Because if they don't, they'll have an huge negative publicity.

But shhhht ! let's pretend I didn't wrote this because I'm in the land of his diehard fans.
Price is a couple games away from needing a knee replacement. There’s no scam here. He has a legitimate reason for being on LTIR. It’s not like Hossa who became magically allergic to his equipment when his contract fell to only $1 million per season.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
As for price, I expect he announces he's shutting it down for the season and he'll try again next year

Seems likely. Can't see him playing anytime soon.

It has to be that kind of announcement. Otherwise, why have a press conference? Has to be something significant.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
He says he's not announcing his retirement right now but still isn't pain free walking up the stairs.

Didn't we already know this? What is the point of this?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

That's not even close to how any of this works. Like at all:

1) NHL contracts are guaranteed. Price gets his money one way or another.
2) Price being on LTIR means the NHL has verified that he cannot play. Which means he's either not frauding anyone or there's a massive conspiracy risking a multi-billion dollar business to benefit one guy.
3) Price's contract being insured is likely through the plan governed by the NHLPA.

I'd pretend you didn't write it because it doesn't make any sense.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
He says he's not announcing his retirement right now but still isn't pain free walking up the stairs.

Didn't we already know this? What is the point of this?
Probably all decorum for the insurance company that has to pay his insane salary.

Reactions: ReHabs

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Probably all decorum for the insurance company that has to pay his insane salary.
Yup.

He has to keep up the appearance of an earnest attempt to return to hockey.

Not saying he doesn't want to return to hockey but he definitely has to make himself suitably available to inquiries to satisfy the NHL, NHLPA, and of course his contract's insurers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad