Player Discussion Carey Price - Need a Jesus Price resurrection [MOD WARNING 526]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
If only the media did their job as well as Price does his, maybe we wouldn't be stick with this terrible President & GM, and the team would have the kind of organizational leadership to legitimately think about winning something

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Did you feel like the result is not maybe what you wanted it to be?

No. Not at all.

Not at all??

lol We lost...

Price obviously laughed at the stupidity of the question and the follow up...

What type of jabroni asks that question to an athlete after a loss?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Did you feel like the result is not maybe what you wanted it to be?

No. Not at all.

Not at all??

lol We lost...

Price obviously laughed at the stupidity of the question and the follow up...

What type of jabroni asks that question to an athlete after a loss?

Is that seriously what people are talking about? lol I would’ve laughed too. It’s not even a question, it’s an attempt for whoever’s writing to try and get Carey to spit words in a colourful way for an article and it backfired.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
So far this season:
-As part of his new deal negotiates his modified NTC into a NMC for the last year of his old contract
-Does not show up in Montreal for a press conference after signing his deal (84M - 8 years is not a big deal enough for it)
-Start the season woefully unprepared, does not even look like he's trying half the time
-Is injured short term for like 3 weeks, and only comes back after Lindgren puts the team back on track, Lindgren quickly sent far away from the jewel
-Price comes back strong for like 5 games, and after that somehow all the bad habits start creeping back into his game but this time you can see he doesn't give the slightest bit of shit
-Price doesn't come out to salute the fans as all players do in a win
-Price has this terrible game against the oilers where he doesn't even look like he cares
-Media comes out and say he should smile more, enjoy himself out there
-Price comes back the next game and smile in a completely inappropriate manner after a loss, probably in an effort to ridicule those who said he should enjoy himself out there. Pathetic behavior and attitude from the supposed leader of the team who signed this gigantic deal. Simply unnacceptable

To me, it looks like Price wants out, is doing everything in his power to make it happen and with his NTC turned into a NMC... now has full and total control over where he will or will not land. Funny how that all works uh ?

Reactions: Da Grinder

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
So far this season:
-As part of his new deal negotiates his modified NTC into a NMC for the last year of his old contract
-Does not show up in Montreal for a press conference after signing his deal (84M - 8 years is not a big deal enough for it)
-Start the season woefully unprepared, does not even look like he's trying half the time
-Is injured short term for like 3 weeks, and only comes back after Lindgren puts the team back on track, Lindgren quickly sent far away from the jewel
-Price comes back strong for like 5 games, and after that somehow all the bad habits start creeping back into his game but this time you can see he doesn't give the slightest bit of ****
-Price has this terrible game against the oilers where he doesn't even look like he cares
-Price comes back the next game and smile in a completely inappropriate manner after a loss, probably in an effort to ridicule those who said he should enjoy himself out there. Pathetic behavior and attitude from the supposed leader of the team who signed this gigantic deal. Simply unnacceptable

To me, it looks like Price wants out, is doing everything in his power to make it happen and with his NTC turned into a NMC... now has full and total control over where he will or will not land. Funny how that all works uh ?

Who cares about a majority of the things you pointed out? He’s come back and had a pretty good 10 game stretch, which is exactly what he had to do after a rough start. Let him screw around with the media. Having your marriage put in limbo is a lot more serious then some ****ing fan salute. Like who the hell cares? He’s toying with the media. Let him have fun.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
So far this season:
-Price comes back strong for like 5 games, and after that somehow all the bad habits start creeping back into his game but this time you can see he doesn't give the slightest bit of ****

Lindgren was crumbling much like Condon but hey, is your daily Price rant that screams bias

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
rds still mad at price lol

Who cares about a majority of the things you pointed out? He’s come back and had a pretty good 10 game stretch, which is exactly what he had to do after a rough start. Let him screw around with the media. Having your marriage put in limbo is a lot more serious then some ****ing fan salute. Like who the hell cares? He’s toying with the media. Let him have fun.

This gets fixed in a big f***ing hurry if the GM would blast the media and put them all on notice that their "credentials" are in jeopardy. Stick to reporting on hockey or f*** off. As for Fiset, he and his client Danault should be hauled into MB's office with Molson standing behind him and ask them both if he wants to remain in the organization. If the answer is yes, Fiset will offer a public apology while Danault addresses the team privately. Otherwise off to Phoenix for a bag of pucks.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
This gets fixed in a big ****ing hurry if the GM would blast the media and put them all on notice that their "credentials" are in jeopardy. Stick to reporting on hockey or **** off. As for Fiset, he and his client Danault should be hauled into MB's office with Molson standing behind him and ask them both if he wants to remain in the organization. If the answer is yes, Fiset will offer a public apology while Danault addresses the team privately. Otherwise off to Phoenix for a bag of pucks.
What's with Danault?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
This gets fixed in a big ****ing hurry if the GM would blast the media and put them all on notice that their "credentials" are in jeopardy. Stick to reporting on hockey or **** off. As for Fiset, he and his client Danault should be hauled into MB's office with Molson standing behind him and ask them both if they want to remain in the organization. If the answer is yes, Fiset will offer a public apology while Danault addresses the team privately. Otherwise off to Phoenix for a bag of pucks.

If Danault’s agent did come out, I would fire him immediately and pray my teammates don’t think I actually said that. That won’t sit well in the locker room if he’s running his mouth like that behind their backs. Makes him look terrible.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Maybe RDS is just trying to soil Price so they can trade him and get out of the contract #galaxybrain
If so, that's a dumb strategy. Bashing your own player only drives down his value.

But hey, being dumb has never stopped RDS before.

Reactions: VAN-HAB

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Timmins is definitely no Guru but he was right about Price, clearly wrong about Kopitar as he wasn’t even our second choice and he slid down the draft farther. You can say 9 other teams were wrong as well, and we made out the best of the teams not named Pittsburgh. When you start getting further into the draft, it’s a lot harder to project. The Kostysn was just awful. I’m not going to defend our scouts tho as I’ve been preaching they should be cleaned out for almost 10 years.

I think Pouliot was 1st on their list and they drafted Price because Minny picked him right before the Habs at 4th.

In retrospect we dodged a bullet. Aside from Crosby , Price and Kopitar were the best players drafted in the first round. Then there are a few decent guys like and a shitload of busts. (Brule , Skill , Setoguchi etc etc etc)

badi

Jan 21, 2008
RDS aka le réseau des scraps, always has to find a scapegoat,,,,, a lot of time fed by Canadiens management,,,,see Subban

Now its Price s fault ,,,nobody else

My question to you Habs fans is ,,,,,,who s drinking the Koul aid this time ?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
RDS aka le réseau des scraps, always has to find a scapegoat,,,,, a lot of time fed by Canadiens management,,,,see Subban

Now its Price s fault ,,,nobody else

My question to you Habs fans is ,,,,,,who s drinking the Koul aid this time ?

Most fans I like to think are smart enough to know that it’s just a bunch of bitter hasbeens spitting out non sense on that show.
I think Pouliot was 1st on their list and they drafted Price because Minny picked him right before the Habs at 4th.

In retrospect we dodged a bullet. Aside from Crosby , Price and Kopitar were the best players drafted in the first round. Then there are a few decent guys like and a ****load of busts. (Brule , Skill , Setoguchi etc etc etc)

Picking Pouliot would’ve been hard to swallow for that draft.

ginomini

May 25, 2014
Here is 2 questions for you guys who are panicking about Price's contract and saying it will handcuff the team going forward :

Could the Rangers win the cup with a 35 years old Henrik Lundqvist ? Could the Predators with the cup with a 35 years old Pekka Rinne ?

The answer is : YES.

When Rinne signed is contract, it accounted for 10,89 % of the cap. When Lundqvist signed his contract, it accounted for 13,22 % of the cap.

Price's contract accounts for 14 % of the cap this year, and with probable cap raise for next year, at the start of the contract it will probably be near Lundqvist's 13,22 %.

That said, I'm not saying his contract is good, 9,5 M would have been better value. But in no ways is his contract handcuffing the team and in no ways the window with him is only 2-3 years. It is much more close to 6-7 years and Price knows it.

I believe that competent GM (the goal of this post is not to evaluate MB as a GM) can build a solid team around Price, trading him is not an option. Look at how teams like Washington and Philadelphia have struggled to find a comptetent goalie to complete their strong team.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
I wonder what Calgary would pay to get Price.

Bennett/Brodie/Smith so it works cap wise, go from there?

I wouldn’t trade Price unless he asked for a trade. He doesn’t score goals so we may win the odd game with him but without putting the puck in the net, we still won’t win many. But to answer your question, we don’t trade Price without a stud #1C coming back.

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
Pretty sure he is laughing about the stupid question more then the fans or the game.
I love how on Antichambre they say "We represent the fans" I don't feel represented.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Pretty sure he is laughing about the stupid question more then the fans or the game.
I love how on Antichambre they say "We represent the fans" I don't feel represented.

They represent what happens when you drink to much Molson beer before you get on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad